Zcash P2Pool Mining Development

Is it on Github or something?

2.5 min block times is not a problem.
Main problem for P2Pool is that coinbase need split some part of payout to founder.
So part of code that create coinbase need ā€œsomeā€ adjustments.
It can be easily tested if testnet have same principles.
As far I remember there was similar thing in Peercoin and it was totally not compatible witch P2Pool.
Looking what is going on on scam mops pools, we need P2Pool and separate miners. ASAP.

1 Like

@razakal @str4d
what about p2pool for zcash? we need better pools!
i would set doantion to 10% if it gets realizedā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m partway through adding Zcash support to P2Pool. Hopefully over the next week or so Iā€™ll make enough progress that we can start a testnet P2Pool chain soon.

6 Likes

Update: I now have P2Pool running with zcashd! It doesnā€™t work yet, but it doesnā€™t crash immediately on start either :joy:

6 Likes

Iā€™ll watch this thread! Good that at least someone is working on Zcash p2pool fork. :smiley:

p.s. is it possible to modify zcashd to send 2% to Zcash devs, not 20%?..

yes everything is possible. but the network would not accept such blocks. so this would ba a hardfork and not make any sense.

No itā€™s not possible. The 20% founderā€™s reward is part of the consensus
protocol. If you donā€™t include it your block wonā€™t be valid.

We need a get block template miner so we can individually mine to our wallets

Totally agree. )

2all: so let it be a hardfork maybe? A little PR, a couple of threads somewhere, and probably there will be a success? )

is it in github? I havenā€™t see any change of your p2pool fork :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing on github about equihash p2pool or stratum nomp implementation! Itā€™s classified! :wink:

updates can be found here: ( 3 of 4 points seem to be doneā€¦ )

That doesnā€™t reflect any code changes to the base as far as I can see. Str4d is probably really busy atm but i am also interested in the updates needed to get zcash working on a pool. Perhaps I am missing some commits somewhere.

Iā€™m working on unomp port to zcash, but I am not as familiar with the zcash blockheader structure as str4d. I do know a bit bout it though so Iā€™m giving it a shot. Also unomp isnā€™t being developed anymore so Iā€™ll focus on the python p2ppool

The commits are currently local, and now that 1.0.3 is out Iā€™m back working on them now :slight_smile:

Iā€™d be much more inclined to push my unfinished work if I had any confidence that people wouldnā€™t automatically assume it was fully-working and start a potentially-incompatible P2Pool chain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Could you please share your branch?

str4d any news about p2pool?

it would be nice to have p2pool implementation for zcash ā€¦ there is a growing number of small pools that coming out and i believe that all of these will be very happy to have p2pool working!!

Iā€™ll have another stab at this once 1.0.4 is out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Has there been any p2pool progress in the past few months? Is this project still open to development?