Zcash gets a mention!

From article - Monero especially may pose a much bigger challenge than most companies may be willing to admit right now. Monero was built to be private and untraceable from the ground up, and Zcash was built by academics. Monero is gaining traction on the darknet, whereas Zcash is the only payment method accepted by The Shadow Brokers.

Dont know who the shadow brokers are but accepting anything but cash and gold for illegal activities is about idiotic (the illegality is just stupid)

Edit- criminals in general, dont research, because if they had they would have found about zcashs’ user authorized shielded transaction reverse traceability features
Edit2- and apparently neither do freelance crypto authors

J.P. Morgan Busted for Money Laundering

(not ZEC related, but the headline made me laugh)

3 Likes

Silly swiss :switzerland:

1 Like

I’m curious what you mean by this.

Its how zcash is compliant with law enforcement, the transaction details are visible to the 2 parties only, lemme find that sources

Ah OK you are referring to selective disclosure - it doesn’t actually exist yet but experimental support is planned for the upcoming release.

That being said I’m not sure the point you are trying to make?

2 Likes

From one of my posts above, a quote from Zooko taken at a seminar, law-enforcement-and-anonymous-transactions

“Zcash is one of several technologies which is attempting to satisfy this demand for a database with control over disclosure over who gets to see the data. Zcash does this by encrypting all data in the database, then providing decryption keys to the authorized parties.”

Private key holders are the authorized parties in a transaction, the traceability only extends between them, its just like real cash where the trail only exists with the people who ever had it and that information would have to be sequestered from said people, the authorized parties, it wont really help police, it just doesnt help everyone else, (im just passionate about it! I dont like people dragging its good name through the mud, repulse the monkeys!)

Press release from a bank from the netherlands.

Not sure why they’d benchmark with ethereum and don’t mention zcash. But I guess the tech is getting wider adoption.

1 Like

It needs more mentions. My ZCASH coins are still under buy price! :no_mouth:

Not sure exactly what 10x efficiency refers to specifically, speed, memory constraints ( i imagine both)? According to [Daira], sapling looking like will require 16x less number constraints, which may not equal 16x performance but at least its specific, thats why they equated ethereum and not zcash, wouldn’t look as good
Edit-almost get the feeling that with sapling so close their ability to sell these stories is becoming an increasingly limited time offer

Internet Archive Adds Bitcoin Cash, Zcash to Donation Options

1 Like

I think you need an account, still counts!
(+) Trade Recommendation: Zcash
https://hacked.com/trade-recommendation-zcash-10/

via Blockfolio: goo.gl/p95yia

1 Like
2 Likes

“The 8 most valuable cryptocurrencies the world is excited about”

zcash makes the cut!

4 Likes

Will be the bar one day…

2 Likes

http://www.standard.net/Business/2017/11/22/Bitcoin-drawing-some-of-the-world-s-fastest-traders.html
(zcash isn’t the subject matter, but interesting article, and ZEC does receive a mention)

3 Likes
1 Like

Um, thanks, Rick. I think… :smiley:

2 Likes

A laundromat is a bit much, of course if I’d had gone all in on btc a $3 i wouldn’t care what i said about other cryptos either!

I had a nice long hypothetical scenario to address some of the issues he raised, but it was all just redundant where zcash is ultimate answer, like 200 words of zec glory rhetoric so ill save it.