Z9 performance and general discussion

Huh. Still makes more sense to get two Minis at $650 since this is listed at $3320

2 Likes

That essentially looks like two minis stacked on top of each other lol

That essentially IS it :stuck_out_tongue:
Iā€™m pretty sure it will be overclockable and mine around 60-68Ksol/sā€¦

Now im tornā€¦ do i buy more minis or do i buy one of those or a couple of thoseā€¦ :thinking:

I worked it out and itā€™s better if I just purchased in total the 25 minis I would like to get I have 7 of them already orderedā€¦ that is if my math is correct :joy:

So, you all are happy with your Asics ? ( Realy interested )

once you go ASIC you never go backā€¦ I guess :stuck_out_tongue:
never been a fan, but man life has got so much easier! No miner fees, no OS fee, less power consumption, less space used, no spare hw needed, less fire hazard, less heat, easier to scale (more availability than gpus), no autorun scripts, easy reboot, easy updating firmware.

Iā€™ve spent sooo much time bios flashing, overclocking, testing different mining software, different OS, many type of risers, many different MB and PSUā€™s and I still have have issues and maintenance every once in a while.

5 Likes

yes, these are for sure the pros of asics, no doubt. Now you have to be carefull because you will have more time on posting, lol.

Seriously, i have a hard time as well with gpuā€™s from time to time while on the asics, i even donā€™t remember when i last time went to the office where they are, most be allready 3 weeks ago. Thatā€™s for sure a big plus and one of the reasos i was an asic believer/supporter.

2 Likes

My thoughts EXACTLY! Even if it is going to last only 2-3 months, I am going to start selling my GPUs (I actually have already). I could not get any ASIC that is very noisy and draws > 1200W power but I am happy with the Z9 mini boxes, I got.

1 Like

Still not a fan, but I can see why you are all so positive.
I think @johnwisdom said it all.
But like I said before, the playing with the rigs is for me a big part of the fun.
My biggest issue atm is not if I am going to buy Asics, but what to do with my GPU now the new ones are coming.
But glad it all worked out for the Asic buyers :slight_smile:

Just continue to mine with your gpuā€™s, there are enough good gpu coins you can still mine and make a profit. But of course itā€™s a weightening if itā€™s not more profitable to eventually sell them now while they have a better price.
About the fun with gpu rigs, that might be true in the beginning, at least thatā€™s how it was for me, but when you have all the time hazzles with running them i admit the fun went away fast, lol. Now i have way more time for reading into coins and projects, research coins and sleep better and more, lol.

1 Like

Maybe it is just my luck, but never had big problems with the rigs. And there will indeed still be coins to mine for a profit, but for me itā€™s not all about profit, I must have some believe in the coin. Thatā€™s why I kept on mining Zcash when the cost was higher, I believe Zcash is the nr 1 privacy coin, and I believe in the long run I will get a nice return. For me mining is always been a hobby, I donā€™t have to live from it and can bear the electricity, even at a 25 dollar cent rate per kw. But letā€™s see how much new Nvidia will be avaible from the start en how much better they perform . Maybe then I buy a 500 000 Sol asic :wink::wink:

Is anyone else getting a large number of discarded shares?

Itā€™s weird Iā€™m getting discarded shares in suprnova but not in luxor

I have question Luxor pool is good to mining Z9?

Yes. Lots of them. It does not matter.

Donā€™t worry about them. All you have to worry is rejected and staled:

• rejected are not accepted ones
  • staled, send after the block was solved allready

Discarded, if i remember right are shares that the Asic reiceived but stopped on working on (or even didnā€™t begin to work on them), be it due no free resources and/or meanwhile solved shares/blocks.

1 Like

Wonder if bitmain is actually sold out now for batch 2 or if they will open back up again like they have beenā€¦ Hopefully they do would like to order some more of themā€¦ not quite sure if i wanna take the chance on the new Z9ā€¦

IMO the reopens where orders that people wanted then never finalized the transaction.

If that wasnā€™t the case and now with the release of the Z9 (non mini) they will want to push sales of it.

I just donā€™t know if Its worth taking the risk on the normal Z9 since itā€™s aroind 3400 maybe more after shipping costsā€¦ I know itā€™s rated at 40.8k sols but Iā€™m wondering what it would get overclockedā€¦