Where To Trade USD for zCash

I want to help the value of zcash :zcash: by buying some with USD :dollar:. I am looking for a reliable exchange to trade USD for zcash and vice versa?

I have already registered with one site (Kraken) but their verification process is down right now (or just not available) so I cant really use them. What are some reliable places that are working?

I haven’t found any websites that will sell you ZEC directly from a card, cash or bank transfer. Your best bet would be to find the site with the lowest transaction fee to get either BTC or ETH. (Make sure it’s not a “flat rate” if you are doing lower transaction values, because those tend to be a large portion of your desired currency if you are.). Then, you can take those popular currencies, and take them to a much larger array of websites, that trades one currency for another. If you need a list of websites to use for exchanging, I found this one to be helpful in my research earlier on.

Changelly accepts payment via credit card.

1 Like

buy btc via coinbase, send to hitbtc, buy zcash, send to your wallet.

I am looking forward to the day Bitpay integrates Zcash. Also a “local zcash” type site will be needed in the future as ZEC gets more popular.

replace btc with eth and that becomes a smart method.

BTC transaction cost is to high and block times are slow. Not that eth is not slow right now (yesterday it took me 3 hours to make a transaction…) but it cost muuuuch less.

Hitbtc has terrible bitcoin withdrawl, they pay 145 Satoshi per byte, witch right now will take 2-5 days to get confirmed.

I know this topic is out of date, but I still have the same question, where to trade USD for Zcash. And I need to do it with credit card as well

Just check out the exchanges that have USD/ZEC pairs:

• Gemini
  • Bitfinex
  • Cex.io
  • Kraken
  • Exmo
  • Bittrex
  • Localtrade
  • Bitinka
  • BiteBTC
  • Cryptology
  • OKcoin
  • Yobit
  • Coinut
  • Bitlish
  • Binance (soon)

As i have no idea where you are located, what you are willing to give on information due KYC requirements, best check out these. Pretty sure some of them allow you to deposit in USD.

Cex.io for sure let’s you buy ZEC with Creditcard as i have done this in the past…