URGENT zcash4win update

yes… daemon won’t start on windows again. any ideas?

add the following line:

disabledeprecation=1.0.12

to the file %AppData%\Zcash\zcash.conf

and then start it again

3 Likes

thank you very much, solved!

i added that line of code to the appropriate file and right before my wallet is about to 100% sync to the blockchain it will pop up with the daemon error not sure what to do here…

Post the last 50 or so lines of %AppData%\Zcash\debug.log please, when it
gets to that point

Alright, One thing i would like to add though is right after the error occurred i closed the wallet and reopened and it was where it left off on the blockchain sync and now the error stopped? But i can still post my debug log if you wish…

I’m doing a new install and the daemon is not starting. If I go to the zcash directory under the roaming directory, there is no zcash.conf file or any other files for that matter. So, if I can’t add a line and there is no debug.log file and the daemon is hanging what do I do? I shutdown all the antivirus and firewalls just for grins but it didn’t help.

I have this exact situation on a new installation. I posted about a week ago, but still no word from the developer has been provided on what to do. The problem still persists. ZCash really needs to develop their own official wallet.

Yeah I have been having this problem as well. I need to check my balance by clicking on my address on flypool.

I understand there is an update coming, and possibly the developer is waiting on that to issue an updated wallet. But since he collects a fee (very nominal) we can at least expect that something is provided telling us to either wait or what to do.

As I see it, a user may be in the middle of a migration where he or she would be backing up their wallet.dat file from an old installation and then “restoring” it onto a new installation. Migrating from an old PC to a new one is not something rarely encountered, but this example user is out of luck if the wallet cannot be successfully operated on a new PC. This would not be some atypical use case. Nor is it that a new user to ZCash wishing to install this wallet should be something considered to be “unusual”.

That said, those who are installing on a new or second PC - whether as a first time user or not - are in limbo. Those who want their ZEC cannot access it. I find that to be unacceptable.

Using ZCash should be SUPER easy and not frustrating. Users have low tolerance for this type of stuff, and if the ZCash executives want to see this thing grow from a boutique alt-coin to the main one, they need to consider matters like this.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. Its a scary thing when you have hundreds of dollars in Zcash and you can’t access it. Hopefully these issues are addressed soon.

What windows are you using? @ValuelessTable

Windows 10. I am trying adding “addnode=network.zcha.in” in the zcashd.conf file right now because I read on the reddit forum that that fixed some peoples syncing issue.

It did not fix it but I also added “disabledeprecation=1.0.12” at the very end of the file as mentioned above and it fixed it.

Awesome possum, 20cha

Hello
I use windows 7-64.
The wallet works for long time fine since 2017, but recently i have the update issue.
Now i add the tag ----> disabledeprecation=1.0.12 (to the code line 7).
Main route is C:\Users\RRR\AppData\Roaming\Zcash
In this folder–> C:\Program Files\zcash4win\app , these are main params:

[Application]
app.name=zcash4win
app.mainjar=ZCashSwingWalletUI-combined.jar
app.version=1.0.12
app.preferences.id=wallet
app.mainclass=com/vaklinov/zcashui/ZCashUI
app.classpath=commons-codec-1.9.jar;commons-logging-1.2.jar;httpclient-4.5.2.jar;httpcore-
4.4.4.jar;jdeb-1.5.jar
app.runtime=$APPDIR\runtime
app.identifier=wallet

[JVMOptions]
-Dzcash.location.dir=$APPDIR/Java
-Dlaunching.from.appbundle=true
-Dwallet.name=zcash4win
-Dwallet.version=1.0.12

[JVMUserOptions]

[ArgOptions]

CHECK the upload image.

What happens ? never opens… i need to do something more ?

Thanks a lot for the reply Zcash comunity.

Its a continuing issue, best i can advise is just keep trying until the update is released
The problems experienced may have something to do with the length of time its taking to be released maybe

1 Like

I had the same problem with the Daemon taking well over 10 hours before I decided to restart the computer but after a few restarts it did eventually start and open

thanks for reply so fast. i try now to wait… .1 day or 2 with zcash4win open , maybe connects… Now have 2783 seconds waiting and more and more , i just wait maybe connects in 8 hours or maybe nothing…

my hopes to the new release cos i think my modifications are following the instructions

I wouldn’t wait too terribly long for that, seem to me like if it’s going to open it will before it starts counting the Damon is taking too long

When it started counting before the GUI wallet opened, it didn’t open at all for me

1 Like