Transfer ZEC from t-address to z-address

I have ZEC on a t-address and would like to transfer it to a z-address. I have looked online but have not been able to find a good tutorial explaining how to do this.

What is the most secure way of doing this?

What are the best recommendations/practices for creating and managing z-addresses?

first make sure that the wallet you have can send to a Z-address, **you’ll know this because there will be a tab about it or a Z-address (above/below/beside) with your t-address

then make sure the wallet you are sending it to accepts from a Z-address, again you’ll know because see **

I have them on a Trezor Wallet which I know only supports t-addresses.

I want to know what is the best way for me to transfer them to another wallet with a z-address.

There maybe others; but the only wallet that I know that is working for both T and Z is zcash4win

The only way I’ve been able to find is running your own full node either with Linux and the original Zcash client or I’ve used zcash4win and there is also zcash4mac. That being said there may be other z address supporting wallets out there in just not aware of them. I would imagine with the sapling upgrade many more wallets will support z addresses.

1 Like