Miner- SILENTARMY v5

Official site: GitHub - mbevand/silentarmy: Zcash miner optimized for AMD & Nvidia GPUs

SILENTARMY is a free open source Zcash miner for Linux with multi-GPU and Stratum support. It is written in OpenCL and has been tested on AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs, Xeon Phi, and more.

Important changes in v5:

• Major 2× speedup on some GPUs (thanks eXtremal):
  • 115 sol/s on R9 Nano
  • 75 sol/s on RX 480
  • 70 sol/s on GTX 1070

Full changelog: silentarmy/CHANGELOG.md at master · mbevand/silentarmy · GitHub

Be sure to check the README for installation instructions: silentarmy/README.md at master · mbevand/silentarmy · GitHub

SILENTARMY was initially written as a command line solver for the Zcash open source miner challenge. Its OpenCL kernel is more optimized than any other public Equihash solver, so as a result it was integrated into multiple other miners: Zogminer, Genoil’s miner, eXtremal’s miner, etc. But now I have developed SILENTARMY into a full miner of its own.

Update: Claymore has been using some of SILENTARMY’s code without respecting the MIT license, but the issue is now resolved: Summary of Claymore's miner infringing on mrb's SILENTARMY miner MIT license

SILENTARMY has been tested and is known to work with various pools:

Links:
GitHub: GitHub - mbevand/silentarmy: Zcash miner optimized for AMD & Nvidia GPUs
Bitcointalk forum thread: SILENTARMY v5: Zcash miner, 115 sol/s on R9 Nano, 70 sol/s on GTX 1070

Mining on my test machine (RX 480 8GB and R9 Nano at stock clocks):

The initial version of this post has been preserved below the line, for historical reasons:

Some of you might recognize my handle from the Bitcoin community. I wrote hdminer which was at one point the fastest GPU miner (The fastest HD 69xx miner. 250 BTC.) and I introduced and documented the technique of down-plugging PCIe x16 GPUs via x1 extenders (from my password brute forcing research: Whitepixel breaks 28.6 billion password/sec).

Well, I am pleased to announce my submission to the Zcash miner challenge.

SILENTARMY is an OpenCL solver that runs best on AMD GPUs. The code is unoptimized - this is a version I just got running for the first time this morning (12 hours ago) and I spent the entire day tweaking some settings and running tests. The performance is:

• 45.7 Sol/s with one R9 Nano, stock firmware
  • 39.6 Sol/s with one RX 480, stock firmware

This is with the AMDGPU-PRO driver 16.30 on 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04. I plan to turn it into a fully featured miner ASAP. For now it is time for me to go to bed :slight_smile:

Miners integrating the SILENTARMY OpenCL kernel:

38 Likes

Good news ! …

1 Like

Are you able to port it to CPU miner with xenoncat optimizations?

Wow this sounds really good!!! I really hope to see a windows version :confused: for this soon?

1 Like

Really impressive work. Good job

1 Like

Great work! Can’t wait for the integration! Thank you for your effort!

21.1 H/s on my rx480, standard settings on 1k nonces

EDIT

I did not read about running two instances

1 Like

Bravo! God job!!! This numbers are in the same range as toomim’s claim.

So what needs to be done to get the same results as above?

39.6 Sol/s

EDIT

As he clearly states in the readme i did not read. You have to run two instances of the solver on one GPU

Running two i get two hash rates of 18.2H/s on one card so 36.4H/s on rx480

1 Like

sweet, thanks man.

Looks like we have to wait till tomorrow for some answers since his gone to bed.

That is really impressive.

2 Likes

Funny how he releases a GPU miner for FREE while Toomin’s Bros thinks their miner is worth $750K.

LOL!

6 Likes

I suppose the guy will be the winner of the zcash openminer challenge! :thumbsup:

indeed… greed of some people just has no boundaries!

Awesome solver mate.

2x Sapphire RX 470 reference cards with 1500 Mhz memory strap modded bios

GPU 0
./silentarmy --nonces 100 --use 0
21.9 and 21.9

GPU 1
./silentarmy --nonces 100 --use 1
22.0 and 22.2

I have not tried running on my dual RX 480 rig yet as I need to get a new SSD.

Keep up the awesome work.

1 Like

Anyone successfully build this in MINGW32 on Windows 7?

Getting an error

Technically it is just a kernel and not a miner at all. The real winners are the community here.

We at zogminer would be happy to drop this in zcash with your permission tomorrow

4 Likes

Yeah reallynot sure what toomin will say to this they seem to have an answer for everything

MIT License… Why wait?

3 Likes