Rig Pr0n - Show me yours I'll Show you mine

Another country isn’t possible?

Where do you live? 23cents is high

OMG! I use those exact racks at my job. (Though not to hold GPU’s. Lol) A lot of expensive equipment in there brother. Hopefully for all of us the price will hold.

Your bill looks to be a bit higher than $0.0763/kWh to me. You have one line at that rate (Access Charge), and a ECA charge, which looks to be divided up, as well as a capacity charge. All told it looks closer to around $0.10 once all these are added in. Plus you got a $15 monthly meter charge on top of all this.

Unfortunately, this is a classic example of most bills now days, they can show one lower rate to make you think you are getting a deal and hide the true rate under a bunch of other charges. This seems to be standard practice anymore with most monthly services, including your cable/satellite and phone bills as well.

Plus I had to lol at the advertisement for Ace hardware too, can’t escape it anymore. In my area the gas stations with the annoying advertising TVs built into the pump are becoming more and more common. It’s just crazy how we are bombarded with advertising at every turn.

1 Like

Looks like the most efficient cards for mining equihash are GTX 1050 Ti. 130 Sol with only 50 W.

What would you say if I tell you that this is one of the cheapest contracts in my country and the average is rather close to 0.30$?

I live in Germany

Have a place to buy those? Which specific one? What miner?

Is this it?

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING, 04G-P4-6251-KR, 4GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) - Newegg.com?

@dubie , what did you use to place your motherboard on? Is it just sitting on the rack or did you make a custom diy mobo tray?

Some wooden dowels from my kids play set… the antistatic bag in came in
was on the rack itself and I just wanted something to keep it up a
little… not the most secure but it worked… :wink:

I have a very similar setup with 18x 470s per rack. Each rack (18 cards) draws about 11.67 amps running on 240V (baseboard heater 20 amp breaker).

1 Like

@dubie Ah cool, I see, haha, yeah whatever works. I was going to do something similar… like… use paint stirrers, lol, free from hardware stores, and then underneath that, use the antistatic bag, haha… Didn’t have the patience to go and drill out a template from some plastic board and use risers…

They sell these motherboard trays here: QDIY Professional Modder Acrylic ATX Motherboard Tray YJZL01 - modDIY.com

But it’s $32 a piece!

What temps do your 470s run at in that config?

The outer rows are mostly running at 45C to 57C. The middle row is running at 58C to 68C. If you don’t care about noise, you should use GPUs with blower style fans because they run much cooler in this config (especially for the middle row).

I have those same cards just the 480 version and that same rack. I am trying to figure out how to set them up the most effectively. What is the ambient room temp in there?

@dubie , I was wondering… for your 5 R9 Fury’s, did you have to get extra 8pin VGA connectors? Since the R9 Fury takes 2 8-pin connectors per card.

I have 4 R9 Fury’s, and to rectify my situation I bought Sata to 8 pin adapters to accomodate:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-SATPCIEX8ADP-6-Inch-Express-Adapter/dp/B007Y8FSMQ

Was wondering what other’s with a similar situation have done. I have an EVGA supernova 1000watt, and it only gives you one 6pin and one 8 pin per cable for each “VGA” cable.

Also, a question in general… is it safe to use a sata to molex adapter for the risers? I’ve read numerous times that people had fires go off, was wondering what people did to work around that safely…

Yes, used 16 pins each. Took two power supplies to run the rig.

My first rig ever :slight_smile: please don’t judge me to hard ^^ all made of wood and painted by me :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratz for ur first rig looks nice keep on doing rigs :smiley:

Thanks alot! :slight_smile:
It’s really funny to build, got room for one more GPU :slight_smile: think i max this one out first and then might be another one :wink:

My first ever rig :slight_smile: sitting in the corner of living room lol