Price Speculation

@ Zoro & MrDazz

IMHO either your Analysis is off or you guys are whales and trying to put others on the wrong side of the trade so you can profit from them…
My indicator says this…

Say hello to mr chipmunk (AL888)

2 Likes

Well, BTC was $5.8K today :slight_smile: ZEC… Not so impressive

1 Like

You got to remember that while zcash is proof of work it’s probably going to be bearish most of the time just because electricity bills have to be paid but at least it makes for a consistent Market pattern

1 Like

So you think that now it is good time to buy zec? Yes zec/btc price is good. Maybe better for last 6 month. But zec/usd not so good…

Btc is already pulling back a little, some people like myself have already the sats off and came home

1 Like

My position is currently in BTC for the weekend (looking for my 3%-5% gains), but ultimately I’m watching ZEC for real movement. As long as BTC keeps making gains you can probably expect ZEC to remain at its current level with minimal positive or negative movement (+/- $5 USDT). Though a significant gain on BTC could cause a larger drop in ZEC.
Once BTC levels off, or even pulls back a little, keep a close eye on investors retreating back to ZEC as there is a likely 30%-50% upward position gain.

However, the closer we get to the BTC fork date, the less likely that will happen before the fork. Still a week and a half until the fork so there is plenty of time for market corrections to come and go.

2 Likes

Not really the right thread to post that.

2 Likes

Corrected mate! Cheers!

2 Likes

I heard that BTG has already been forked, anyone has reliable information about this?

In November BTC has another fork (segwit 2x) so maybe double BTC rally?

1 Like

October 25th is the BTG user initiated fork date to equihash mining of Bitcoin (next Wednesday). BTG is expected to be available by trade on exchanges on November 1st. BTG group outlined the date on Twitter.

This could bring on some relief to our miners who have been dealing with hyper inflating difficulty recently. Not really sure if that will have any real impact on our market price though. We’ve tasted $400 and want more.

1 Like

I have already noticed that mining is getting a little easier. Don’t like the price at the moment though. Always felt comfortable when ZCash was around $250.

1 Like

leg-up is immanent … will happen any day now.
amazes me people are still selling @ current levels. oh well

2 Likes

according to timing of >>> 2nd support accumulation << don’t lookup this term! i just made-it-up!! looks-like, we’re going to have a nice birthday rally… imo

(the term 2nd support accumulation describes leg-up accumulation; leading to a rally)

we’re building rock-solid support @ current levels… we’ll have no problems using this support as a nice foundation to make our jump from… we’re talking days, not weeks…

usually takes around a year of accumulation for MMs to get their fill (especially when there’s no ICO, or premine)

thing that really excites me: kek.gg
after test pump; test pumpers performed a brutal stress test, but the market never capitulated.

4 Likes

News for BTC:BTG fork is losing confidence in the last 48 hours due to some technical limitations of BTG (no Replay Protection, google for more details). There has been a lot of heat on BTG news of potential scam.

This is likely one of the main reasons for BTC not skyrocketing like they thought it would (last week’s projections were around $6200 for today). Main part is because most exchanges won’t accept a currency without replay protection.

This means we could see some slight gains in ZEC this week, though I would expect ZEC:USDT to stay under $250 until the fork actually happens (but that’s still a nice 5% margin for this week, I’ll take that every week). Honestly, I think the real winners for the fork will be those playing the alt currencies like ZEC, not those banking on the fork.

4 Likes

the protection should be added shortly on GitHub

also replay on their FB site confirms protection is there

1 Like

the protection should be added shortly on GitHub

This is the “scam” people are talking about. Basically, BTG was a failed ICO that is now doing a live fork instead. The concern is that by not making it live tradeable immediately on exchanges, this is effectively the same thing as an ICO where the initial investors (developers) are the only ones with the ability to trade it first at the best price. Normal people won’t be able to trade BTG until around November 1st (2 more weeks after fork).
Same argument on both sides, BTG saying it’s not a bad thing and evidence that the coin is being improved after launch, others saying it is a sneaky tactic to swindle some money. The truth lies between the two (and probably a bit of both).

Either way, I believe doubt in BTG is good for ZEC and this is free advertising for Zcash as they are selling it as “same mining algorithm as Zcash”.

2 Likes

of course it is bad for all other GPU mineable alts :smiley: we will lose hash power once mining pools are started if they will be started … well only time after the fork will tell if it will survive or not. in case some bigger trading platform will announce it will add it to the portfolio people start to believe in it since they can trade it

1 Like

I’m definitely no expert chartist (but I’m trying to learn…)

From what I’m seeing… I think this indicates a reversal tomorrow… Maybe $245?

I see that we are in an oversold condition (bottom rectangle), Bullish MACD Divergence (higher slanting histogram with a lower slanting price), and currently emerging from a deep negative histogram, also with the MACD crossover of the Signal line.

Would love some feedback on this analysis from some of the experts on the thread…

1 Like

No expert here…

MY GUT SENSES ARE TINGLING:
zec → 200/180 late october
zec->480/500 late november (after the storms)

Hope to be 100% wrong and that zcash > bitcoin tommorow!

1 Like

be ready :slight_smile: next push test :slight_smile:

1 Like