Price Speculation

I’m mining and holding. Right now I’m breaking even on my power costs v ZEC mined :confused: However, I am in the long group, so whatever :confused:

2 Likes

So far there aren’t any updates to hook investors on Zcash. Hopefully the upcoming update allows for mobile wallets if LMP is correctly implemented. Once this btc fork is over, there will be investors looking at what alts are the next big thing.

1 Like

Sell now if you want to buy 20% more at a lower price

2 Likes

What will help the price of ZEC is for it to be offered on Coinbase so more people are aware of it. It’s more obscure and very much unhyped in the “Crypto News World” (IMHO)

They’re still searching for a CMO, and that’s disappointing. They also need a CSO (Sales) to sell their technology to financial institutions and other entities who can benefit from what ZCash offers. They really have something good, but it appears they have really no real sales and marking pros to get out there and hype and sell it. Again, my opinions FWIW.

We had a nice run up going into the Bithumb news, but then pffft…the air came out of the tire. In fact, the price is actually about 33 bucks less than it was right after the JP Morgan news on 22 May; cf BTC and the price is more than double. It’s disappointing and frustrating, but such is life.

1 Like

USD is totally dominating BTC volume
http://data.bitcoinity.org/markets/volume/30d?c=c&t=b
going to be amazing when CNY re-enters the market.

1 Like

imo, BTC will build support in the $5000 range… being the case; traders will speculate in other markets. zcash has had a steady stream of announcements, and good news articles. the type of news being posted is the type that lets astute traders know it’s time to buy. you’ll notice these types of positive news articles weren’t being posted during earlier accumulation cycles. cannot give you a specific date, but soon… my spidy senses are tingling… other than support/resistance; don’t trust the charts RN

2 Likes

I’m actually pretty surprised to read this, @phakov

Is this just because electricity costs are extremely high in your area? I only ask because while running my 1080Ti’s at poor efficiencies (3.05-3.15 Sol/W) at 0.09$/kW-hr, and factoring in the difficulty change, I’m still clearing double my electricity costs (including non-mining loads).

2 Likes

Well, the issue is this: I have about 20 AMD HD7970/50’s, GTX980tis and R7-370’s running in addition to my GTX1060’s. Those older cards are power hogs…and to make matters worse, electricity in my area of the world, Tampa Bay Florida is ~$0.138/kwh. At the current price I am ahead, but I’d like to see more in the way of ZEC value. (for example I am paying about 180 USD per ZEC by mining them).

So some of this is my own fault as I bought the older cards when I first started mining to hedge my risk with initial cash outlays. I’ve learned that either the 1060’s or 1080ti’s are the way to go, and the 1070’s are decent too.

Yes, I do want to replace these older cards with new GTX1060’s but the 7970’s do get good hash on the cheap…at least initially. I agree that the 1080ti’s are a great option, but at 700 a pop, they are pricey for many.

My takeaway lesson to share with new miners is this , however: balance hash rate with power use and buy new gen cards. The money you save in getting the older cards will be eaten away with the cost to power them over the long term.

staying vigilant not to derail thread

1 Like

I’m happy with the current valuation. I’d say BTC/ZEC will seesaw with a two month period for another 6 months. So just keep trading in the extremes.

1 Like

I agree with you. But there has to be some frontend updates. Something that attracts investors. Nothing has changed for a very long time so people lost interest.

3 Likes

yes especially when BTCs moments drags a lot of attention

1 Like

сейчас все вкладываются в биткоин,после его форка думаю и альткоинам будет уделяться больше внимания со стороны больших инвесторов,будем ждать.

1 Like

Please use English when in any of the forums outside of the specific categories set for other languages. :slight_smile:

[Moderation note by @daira: in general, there is no such rule, and posters are free to use whatever languages they know. The purpose of the language-specific categories is to provide a focus for discussions in those languages, not to imply a rule against using them in the other forum categories. If you don’t know English then please don’t feel discouraged from posting. Google translate is a thing that works very well for translating into a language you know (less well when translating into a language you don’t).]

2 Likes

I have been saying this repeatedly. Don’t rush to buy now…bottom is not yet here. Patient buyers will be rewarded long term. The way the market has been moving we will see under 190 levels in no time.

1 Like

I already stated where to buy here, more than one time. If you don’t trust my prediction, don’t cry later. If you do, send me a tip after you gain 5x on your stash in mid december: t1UmqLKvJw6fGvazXTpmLzUdGzJR9cc4NDb

2 Likes

BTC at 5800+ on Coinbase OMFG!

2 Likes

and ETH going UP, its good for ZCASH miners :slight_smile:

4 Likes

https://hacked.com/trade-recommendation-zcash-7/
they’re a day late, but this is pretty-much on point.
side note - the $300-400 range is chump change.
3 separate test pumps have confirmed $450ish.
$500-640 range is my sweet spot

3 Likes

@kek you said buy at 236$
@mrdazz you said buy at 190$

So i buoght on 236, sell on 252 and want to buy 190 :smiley:

Or this pump can continue? Look at price now please!

1 Like

be ready, i expecting big jump in few days :slight_smile:

2 Likes