Price Speculation

After the big surge of BTC and fall in alt coins last night, I ended up trading my small stash of BTC for ZEC at a price of 0.0479 in the hope that we were close to the bottom. The USD/ZEC was 230 at that point. Now over night, the prices seem to have stabilized, and in the last hours, there has even been an upward trend.

But…I see some of you talk about expected prices around 0.03 BTC/ZEC and 170 USD/ZEC when we get closer to the BTC gold fork. How realistic are such low prices in the current situation? What were the experience during the last BTC fork? I’m in it for the long run, though, so a day-to-day price is not my major concern. Even so, it would be nice to have aquired the ZECs at the lowest price possible.

1 Like

Might get some movement if this need get spread around. It’s not on Google, got this in email from a newsletter.

This could get interesting

2 Likes

think this current last day or two is for the potential for BTC Gold…

so as the btc gold branch has now been delayed, either 1) people are idiots or 2) we gotta wait at least 15 days for the branch…

gosh i hope they realise and we can go through a full cycle in 15 days.
sell some of this cheep zec for btc as it crashes, rince and repeat for the 25th… :):yum:

2 Likes
1 Like

Seems plausible, makes me wonder a few things…if this is the case then:

• Is this the first time a large exchange has done a deal to distribute in the same way before
  • When does Upbit Exchange launch (Just saw beta launch is October sometime)
1 Like

fyi:

2 Likes

Oh yea man, not good for the ruskies
Putin Condemns Bitcoin, Calls for Russian Ban of Digital Currencies

via Blockfolio: goo.gl/p95yia

1 Like

Is it just me or is the Eastern Hemisphere still communist?

1 Like

Spruce,
Check out this Forbes article… describes the huge run-up in BCH right away, then about half that market cap disappeared (likely back into other coins subsequently, or back in BTC).

During the last one… alt coins fell prior to the fork while BTC remained stable… then BTC really rose, and there was a rise in others as well (probably greater percentage wise), but then a huge spike and subsequent fall around the 8th of August. We’re sitting close to the high end prices during that event though…

Here’s what ZEC did during that time:

Here’s what BTC did during that time:

2 Likes

What’s everyone doing with their zec holdings? Dump into LTC or Eth as they seem to be stable atm and buy in when it dips a little further?

1 Like

Changed over $800 in fiat into LTC today. Though that was just to get it away from Kraken. Going to hold it for the moment and cash out when it goes up a dollar or two.

1 Like

You Guys make me Nervous when there is no Speculation for a whole Day!

Bakes

4 Likes

Hehe…I’m still waiting for 200…we will get there soon…struggling to get past 235-240…very low volume of 20 mill doesnt help either…

1 Like

Unless we dont break 250-260, we are bearish…

1 Like

Zcash hates the price range between 320-400…once we cross 320, in a flash we will cross 400…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

well watch btc carefully a lot people followed the example of bittrex and changed altcoins to btc when btc starts falling they come back and push the prize up

1 Like

He nailed it. Watch BTC. It just spiked to over $5100. We are pretty low on BTC:ZEC right now at 0.0457. I would be surprised to see ZEC get dragged up a little soon. The lower it gets the less willing people will be to sell it at that price. So you will see slower drops (or even climbs) and very low volume. Basically if you haven’t sold your ZEC already for BTC, you missed the bus and just have to hold through the down until it goes back up (maybe even buy some more, it’s a great price/BTC).

2 Likes

with every small drop of BTC from the max position altcoins rise a litlle :smiley: some people already coming back but its not enough for a high jump for now :smiley:

2 Likes

it’s squeezing tactics against small miners - high hash rate and low price …

3 Likes

would’ve figured our volume would increase after being added to cex io, and bithumb… kek.gg have a feeling this is the calm before the storm. we’re now at a point were bitcoin will force us upwards… even if ZEC doesn’t want to move upwards.

3 Likes