Price Speculation

Just added another couple zec. Hoping for a double bottom in the 200 to 220 area

1 Like

A shitcoin called Verge which is marketing itself as a “privacy coin”, although it’s just a scam with fake privacy to fool “Investors” is overtaking Zcash market cap. What the heck is wrong with this market?

2 Likes

The link for the new hires including a marketing director.

3 Likes

Who woke the bears from hibernation? Somebody release the bulls from barns…

1 Like

Stock market in the US tanked again today. Could see a temporary bump into crypto as money is moved around chasing the hottest thing

No bulls in sight for the crypt0 market for at least the next 30-60 days. Things will get rough until then…strap in folks. Things will begin to turn around some time in May.

Great Read: 4th Dimension: Bitcoin-Manipulation-Cartel — Price-Suppression is the Goal | by Super Crypto | Medium

3 Likes

I think it will happen sooner

Adding BTC futures on the CME was never going to be good. I was concerned that it would drag the value way down. That drags down the price of every other crypto as well.

Since it really makes no sense to get into mining ZEC at this point due to stupidly high GPU prices and an even stupidly higher difficulty level, buy it directly if you have the cash. We may not have reached the bottom, however, so be prepared to be patient and HOLD/HODL for the long term.

While I’m bullish for the long term, I’m just gonna leave this one here just for old time’s sake…

4 Likes

You guys give too much credit for CME Bitcoin futures. Its volume is super low compared to existing spot exchanges. This means nobody is going to manipulate spot market to make profits from CME futures, it doesn’t make sense.

Despite still holding hundreds of BTC, I believe we’re at beginning of new long term bear market. 2018 is going to repeat 2014. Capitulation and despair likely to happen in late 2018 or early 2019. This is market cycles.

Unfortunately ZEC will also be affected by this bear market. Even more worrying, mining inflation is still high. At the moment, there are only 3.6 million ZEC mined. In next 2.5 years, until first halvening, there will be 10.5 million coins in circulation. Massive inflation + incoming bear market will be brutal for ZEC. The tech is interesting, I definitely will look into accumulating within 2-3 years.

They need to flush out all the small miners. I think that is a plan of the big guys. Maybe it helps nvidia as well if you need to buy a new ddr6 20xx series card just to compete.

CME uses paper contacts to manipulate. Exchanges are also speculated to use similar tactics. Look what happened when China clamped down on BTC exchanges, all the fake volume went poof. New tether is created at a whim. All the tools for cartel manipulation are present.

Not too far from AL prediction 150usd

I think 150 may be hit if you look at the long term chart and if btc gets to 6k. It’s funny how quiet it gets during these times. Lots of people on other forums saying they will try to sell their rigs.

Yes, he was banned but interestingly his prediction was the most accurate.

2 Likes

fair comment: Ok, here’s what you recommended us to do: 1) sell the rallies, 2) much bigger dips will come (you… | by Hoàng Phú Quý | Medium

1 Like

New here, but I believe 100% in the article. It is exactly why I have invested in crypto in both exchanges and now mining rigs. Not sure if this means anything, but I actually run a US agricultural cartel. Don’t worry we are not part of the cartels mentioned nor do we have an evil agenda. I wanted to point out that I do watch the markets closely and I support crypto for the reasons below.

The article is right in that the banking cartel is threatened by crypto. Why? Because they cannot control and manipulate the money supply through printing money, raising/lowering interest rates and exchange rates. Most of this goes over people’s heads, but here is a simple way to look at it and the corruption will become very visible.

Think of the US Dollar as a share of stock representing ownership of the USA. One dollar represents a small share of all of the goods, services, and assets in the land. When you have a dollar in your pocket you control a small part of the economy. It is very similar to owning stock in a company, but when a company decides to split their stock (the equivalent of printing new money), you then are issued new stock to compensate for it the split. If it is a 2:1 split then you now have twice the stock worth half as much as before, but with the same total value. BUT when the US Government (via the central banking cartels) prints more money, they water down your ownership of the economy. You are not issued more dollars to compensate for the loss of buying power. This is a hidden tax on everyone. Crypto cannot do this as the total supply is always fixed.

Also, there is something called the multiplier effect of money and it is reduced heavily when the money is taxed away via interest rates. Think of our money supply as a fish tank with a big leak in the bottom and water being poured in from the top. This system makes the fish have to swim very fast to keep from being sucked out of the hole at the bottom while the viscosity of the water they are swimming in becomes more and more like air making each stroke of the fins to return less and less thrust. Crypto is a tank with a fixed amount of water to swim in creating a safe and easy place to conduct business. Each time I spend crypo it is not taxed away or drained from the tank. The crypto can be spent indefinitely without it leaking out in the form of interest and taxes. ok, stepping down from my soap box.

3 Likes

maybe we have bottomed? no one knows for sure but according to volume profiling, lots of accumulation at these levels.

With bitcoin transaction fees in the $30 range at one point, I disagree on the “leaking out” part. There were large frictional costs to using it. Exchanges all take a tax (fee %).And until max supply is reached we are all having our holdings inflated away. It isn’t a utopia.

Alphaminer’s illustration is useful. Fiat money is nothing more than an instrument used to strip people of their wealth over their lifetimes.

However, the wild - VERY wild - swings in prices make using crypto as a means of exchanging goods/services essentially useless. It’s nothing more than a speculative investment at best. Moreover, no one in the right mind would take crypto due to the fact that it can be worth 20% less in the morning. Until the violent volatility in value settles, these price swings will inhibit use. Crypto is leaking too…the value of it by the minute.

1 Like