Price Speculation

For mining speculation please consider posting here:

FYI flypool has more than 50% for many month now, nothing new but for sure something to work on in the near future…

Price speculation:
I’m pretty sure a lot of good news is being “kept away” till market stabilizes, I’m confident that once some solid positive news comes out pretty much all valid alt coin will follow…

ZEC @ 500 for april first :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hopefully Bittrex delisting the junk is preparation for that USD business :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Still, Wilcox concluded that zcash is in the race:

"We're researching to see if using zk-proofs can make a fully scalable blockchain."

And while this Edward Snowden has a dubious reputation, at least this is a “celebrity endorsement” of sorts:

Talking of his own personal preference in terms of cryptocurrencies, Snowden said:

"When we talk about which cryptocurrencies are interesting to me, I've said it before and I'll say it again, zcash for me is the most interesting right now, because the privacy properties of it are truly unique, but we see more and more projects that are trying to emulate this and I think this is a positive thing."

Source:

3 Likes

That first article is pretty good

1 Like
3 Likes

Not directly mentioned but if you remember…

(If you don’t remember shame on you, if you never heard, the zcash team helped JPMorgan Implement zk-snarks onto Quorum)

1 Like

this will be interesting to watch
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-09/how-china-will-shake-up-the-oil-futures-market-quicktake-q-a

Like the last, this only barely qualifies (though it does mention Zcash) and is basically a reiteration of an earlier post
This actually addresses Mr.Snowden and why people listen to him. Supposedly he blew the whistle on the NSA and their data collection methods. In actuality, that information was publicly know (I watched it) via public television broadcast (ya know, PBS) in May 2007. Then in May 2013, committed treason for, what we can only assume, the exploitation of people’s ignorance and apparently continues to do so.
I searched my old Facebook posts (dont use it anymore) for a little proof

Pre-Emption & The Fourth Amendment | Spying On The Home Front | FRONTLINE | PBS
Also this
Hey @acityinohio, how about the foundation grant to PBS?! (I took care of it)

Check out new exchange. Site is starting with BTC ETH BCH XRP ZEC DASH direct fiat deposit.

https://www.paygety.ee

Zcash just announced yesterday that they hired a director of marketing. Hopefully they can now get the word out there and grow the coin.

6 Likes

Is there a link for this? Thanks for the report!

It’s listed under blogs on the zcash website. You have to scroll past all the engineers that they hired, but it’s there.

1 Like

Dev update post yesterday

ughhh…I really want you to be wrong regarding btc end of year. Right now, every model I’ve seen suggests that you are spot on, most tending toward the 17k side. sigh Really think we have a few hurdles coming due to facebook’s f**k up. Not that I expected better of zuckerburg, but crypto is an easy target for politicians who are trying to not talk about other DC issues, and facebook just painted a giant target on cybersecurity and monetary exchanges. Don’t think we are out of the woods yet with the Senate/SEC regs. I’m not yet convinced we are diving to 6k, but it looks like a hard slog back to 12k.

Regarding alt-coins, based on recent trends (at least until BTC goes to bulls again), it looks like everything is following BTC’s flux. I’ve noticed a few times when zcash hasn’t which was interesting. I’m rambling…to sum up, I’m really skeptical about the alt coin explosion - (1) I think ICO’s may have brought down the roof on our heads for the time being. That is, they were inevitably volatile and so many go straight to 0, they were an easy target for regulations. It seems like most of the dips have followed ICO regulations around the globe. So, thanks to everyone including Venezuela for the market decline. (2) it seems like most are completely unnecessary and without a point unless they offer better speed or privacy (or both).

Thoughts?

imo, people need to learn the difference between cryptocurrency, and corporate equity in tokenized form… ICO’s are probably the future. they’re an effective way for companies to raise funds. also, might-be the most efficient way to scam people in history. imo, govs will regulate these markets, but won’t kill-them-off.

most cryptocurrencies are just a way to make money, and serve no purpose outside of pump&dumps. question people need to ask themselves: does this alt do something bitcoin can’t, or won’t do? honest answer will most likely be no.

(not sure if i’ve answered your specific questions)

If I was Bitmain or some other big mining farms, I would push the price down as low as possible and ramp up the network hashrate as much as possible. It would cause the most pain on small gpu miners. Pushing them to stop mining and start selling gpus.

Interesting.
Edit- remember when I posted that wiki “not for illegal purposes” thing? @phakov the privacy is what saves it
Edit- its been a long week, im sorry if nothing I say makes sense

1 Like

ICOs should be regulated as they are compared to an IPO. Cryptocurrency should be treated as legal tender or a commodity. I would compare them to the likes of precious metals as they have purpose such as gold, silver or copper.

The problem is most of the garbage coins are like mining for fools gold. A ton of it out there, but worthless in the end.

To do a comparison I can see ZCash right now as being like silver. Has a purpose, but the value fluctuates rapidly.

Right now is a great time to invest. I can see the price start to rise after Overwinter is released in June.

1 Like

Market is bleeding again, it has been red month for Zec and all cryptos, maybe aprill bring some green like grass on spring😎

It’s typical of this government to pack laws with all sorts of “last minute” provisions which only serve to subjugate the people to the will of the tyrants. It’s always with the purpose of “protection”, but its real purpose is control, control, control.

Encrypt. Encrypt. Encrypt. Go Dark.

1 Like