Price Speculation

it would be nice if Price went to test 675 and bounce soon .

@phakov zoom in please. the more you zoom in the easier it will be to predict short term performance based on current news/media. Long term isn’t defined by market depth as it will change when news disrupt the market

Spaceeba, Siberian Wolf…I can’t however, “zoom in” on the chart. It’s fixed :confused: I took this screenshot right now:

Since it’s all red, it’s pretty safe to assume the price will be going down in the next bit of time. I’m not looking for long term potential, just short term, hours, even…

ok here its , 675 .

lets see the bounce please

If it does not hold it bounces at 648

Some of those guys could be using buy options, essentially creating a proce floor based on the hope it drops to that level - typically if there are more buyers than sellers it’s a good sign, but it’s hard to predict based on open orders alone since every exchange varies, etc. More buy orders could indicate your exchange has a lower price than another exchange. Your exchange looks sell heavy, but at the end of the day the market itself will determine where it goes. Lots of open buy and sell where people are willing to take profits, and where people see the buy as being a discount.

1 Like

well my friends i just hope kraken wont turn into another “nicehash Final Maintenance” thing

hard to tell really. Keep in mind, this doesn’t include any market orders, which would also impact the market. That’s just limit orders. I’ve seen people build buy / sell walls that forces the price to stagnate. People cancel their order, move their limit, then the large wall creators cancel their orders and place other limit orders.

One of the big problems with crypto right now is that big whales can impact the entire market and control a price perse.

1 Like

@W1nn1ng1 - thank you :slight_smile:

@koso16 - since they’ve been planning this, it’s premature to think another Mt Gox has happened, though it’s BS and they need to get their collect butts in gear and open it back up. To say I’m angry is putting it lightly…and without profanity.

1 Like

Maybe this is just the thing we need to get ZEC listed on Coinbase.

Imo market depth is only relevant for short-mid term price speculation.

Buy/sell orders and volume can fluctuate rapidly which can give indications for short term price movements.

For looong term price predictions you should probably look at the market cap, btc/eth strenght, media, marketing and news :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lets hope for break now over 735 .
If it happens now I think it will be good support area and we wont see below it again .

I’m looking at the graph of ZEC on Poloniex over the past week. The prices has done the following:

up to ~795 => 605 => 720 => 630 => 702 => 614 => 719 => 590 => 721 => 608 - And now it’s about 703 or so this moment. Now the question becomes how do you identify these exit and reentry points WHEN they take place and not afterwards?

Luck i think, or, and I was just thinking about Back to the Future Part 2 the other day

1 Like

I would consider only entry point.

if(zcash < zcash_low_last24h OR zcash < zcash_low_lastweek) {
buy();
}

in the last week I would say if zcash is less than 680 than buy

1 Like

What’s up with Krapen? Goodness!

Either their upgrade will be amazing and they don’t want to go back to 522 error either they fucked up.

Have you seen the recent spams on the other threads? Its pretty funny

Ideally you should have several entry points. It’s difficult to predict the lowest entry point, so you should divide your entries.

I would choose the latest resistance as a reference point, that is 600 - 610 usd. From there you could set different entry points at 5-10% up or down.

1 Like

PSA: Krapen is back up - ZEC is 141,919.00 USD…pity I can’t sell what I have :frowning:
wow

3 Likes