Price Speculation

imo for beginners holding zec at the moment is best practice . soon zec will lead the market and going to parity with eth . if I had ether now I would convert to zec .
just my 2 cents .

1 Like

Never put all your savings on an exchange. I have put 50 $ worth of crypto into poloniex and play around with it. I panicked 2 weeks ago and well deservedly earn the weak hand title only to realized that if I hadn’t done it i would have earn about 30% growth. I still think there are patterns and also some kind code talk amongs whales and their communities. Just an example Vitaly Buterin the other day casually posted on twitter " Gas is holding well" and gas was on a 80% lost on few exchanges at the time next thing you know Gas had a huge pump/dump for over 12 hours. Just look at the char history. But again this is just me finding weird coincidences on the crypto follow ups. I did make a few % gains but did not really believe in it at the time. Now anytime some big name says something random like that I take it as an Omen.xD anyways I am getting off track here. I will not advice anyone to do exchange with or with out experience but if you have some kind self discipline it could be worth it.

believe i just successfully signed-up for a bithumb account. i’ll let y’all know how it works out.

2 Likes

I have one as well, but the verification process is wonky and mostly in Korean even when using the English site. You’re going to need a VPN to access their site so you can get a Korean IP address. That’s what I had to do. I use Torguard for my VPN. It’s great.

1 Like

no problems yet!

They require verification to withdraw anything. You can trade as much as you want but you can’t send it anywhere if you have Tier 0 access. At least this is what I can surmise from it.

Same thing with binance level 1 trader cant get in or out cryptos pretty shitty. They now have a copy of my passport ffs and yet a declined verification. :frowning:

I personally feel like the limitations to the use of Z transactions is not just the inability of hardware wallets to do it, but none of the mining pools allow mining to Z addresses. There’s a greater force than just the lack of hardware wallet z sends causing the lack of use.

I think ZCash4Win is the only wallet out there which allows for Z sends. If anyone knows of others put them up…but don’t derail the thread (like I’m doing)

Tx Gareth - good article!

3 Likes

Thanks, regarding hardware wallets in that section I was more referencing the fact if you are HODLing ZEC you are probably doing so on a hardware wallet hence most ZEC value is not in the shielded pool (if I am not mistaken the Zcash investment trust, for example, holds their stash on Ledgers).

It goes hand in hand with the performance of shielded transactions though and that was more addressed in the Sapling section. Once we have performant shielded transactions usage should hopefully explode (most notably on mobile devices) but mining pools will clearly be a big portion.

2 Likes

I am gonna speculate as soon as i see post like this about ZEC by some whale!

So please allow me this post.

1 Like

Exactly 8 hour ago a huge pump but it did not work quite well. Fingers cross for when zec hits the conspiracy look out. :wink:

This happened yesterday

Johns obviously drunk right now.

1 Like

Or high on dog poop :smile:

Dogecoin’s got some Labrador in it XD

3 Likes

after performing some research into the subject; ready to put a +75% chance on zcash getting listed on coinbase in 2018.

7 Likes

That would be nice…:sunglasses:

If Kek’s prediction comes true, it would really put ZCash on the map since Coinbase is a very popular point of entry for people (mainly Americans) entering into the world of cryptos.

More brains knowing ZCash means more people buying it. That is generally a good thing :stuck_out_tongue:

would fall-out-of my seat in disbelief if ZEC doesn’t get listed on coinbase this year.

I can say it would make me a happy Panda… maybe the new marketing person Zcash is trying to hirer should make it their first priority!

Long time lurker, I agree with kek, however I think Coinbase will decide who they add and wheb (as opposed to others working with them to list their tokens - I know in one of their job listings they would ask what coin you would add to Gdax next). Of course the Zcash team can push for it, and it fits the profile of a coin that should be added, but at the end of the day I’m pretty sure that’s out of their control. I too would be a happy panda if it gets listed though haha!

1 Like