Price Speculation

just look at the jump .

come to papa bears :smiley:

if you overlay ETH on top of ZEC on this chart; you’ll see they almost track one-another perfectly https://onchainfx.com/asset/zcash

4 Likes

side note - coin market cap not including korean exchange rates is exceptionally bad for zcash since KRW is one of the top currencies traded against zcash. the higher korean prices should be diluted by lower USD, etc prices, giving us a true average value.

1 Like

The logic they’re using to justify the change on Coinmarketcap is that since Korean exchanges are essentially impossible for outsiders to use, ther’e no benefit to including what happens there in their value calculations.

I’m undecided on if it’s positive or negative. Time will tell…I’d sure like to see some type of gateway into the Korean exchanges for outsiders that would facilitate the arbitrage opportunities :frowning:

Who put springs in the blockchain? Things keep bouncing around.

2 Likes

Reason behind today’s dip☹

1 Like

I often struggle with this concept internally, because i don’t see much media on the subject…but if Ethereum is an ecosystem, but its current monetary base has unlimited supply(currently). With metropolis integrating ZK-SNARKs, is this Ethereum telling the market ZEC is gold on Ethereum? I struggle with this concept. i could be thinking about it completely wrong.

Hey i read somewhere dont remember where that that price for 1 x coin on our side of the world is maybe 20% lower than that of the koreab market so probably that overly inflated market is being removed to not overly price coins on western exchanges.

1 Like

think i’m understanding their logic. believe their logic is flawed. CMC will continue displaying korean volume, but not exchange rate. this is bizarre. pretty-sure our largest market is in korea… not including prices from our top exchange is goofy, imo.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking this CMC thing all morning. I’ve reached the position that I am going to charge them with market manipulation, their abrupt decision causing such chaos (it will recover, eventually). Surely my assertion means nothing, but it appears they are only looking to profit from this like others such as Chinese government has done recently.

It was irresponsible to do what they’ve done. They could have either announced it in advance, or, a likely better scenario, start recalculating values from the bottom up over a week or month. Even though it’s impossible for outsiders to take advantage of the “Korean Disparities”, I have reached the contention that given the appearance of manipulation from CMC and the fact that excluding an entire nation leaves a bad taste anyhow, this new valuation “scheme” is not good as a “good, big picture” snapshot.

I only recently started comparing values “manually” by looking at what’s going on with KRW. I think the crytpo public is smart enough to do the same. Just chopping off a huge chunk of trading activity, especially when some can claim bad faith, is in seriously poor form. Shame on CMC…shame shame shame. (can’t resist the public shaming at the end)

2 Likes

Yes of course, countries define capital assets differently, different laws

With as many cyber attacks as they receive from North Korea it’s no wonder
2018, day 8

Screenshot_20180108-171502

This has been going on since 3pm gmt +1 on poloniex!

Here’s the thing though. From all accounts I’ve heard and the rumblings out there, CMC could be preparing ahead of time.

EDIT: looks like they aren’t banning all trading, just anonymous trading, which could have a substantial impact on their volume.

I agree. As a mining operator, I need capital for maintenance, expenses, and expansion. Selling specific amounts per month is part of the business plan! Nothing weak to speak of.

3 Likes

FWIW - wasn’t trying to insult people. “weak hands” is common parlance across the industry. i’m referring to panic sellers that make our downturns worse than they should be. loose chips need to be dealt with before we leg-up. do completely understand a miner’s need to convert into fiat.

3 Likes

Different investment strategies obviously you have to pay for things, Kek talks about long-term gains, he just placed himself in your shoes holding the same ideology as before, did not compute. I plan to hold for long term as well, it’s a personal choice, whether or not it will be more or less profitable, who knows. Ive done a little active trading but it’s too stressful, can’t sleep right, always wondering about the price. Spend enough time in my head as it is.

1 Like

I would like to weigh in here .

trading is very difficult and requires years of experience . 99% of people don’t know trading, and on the long term they will lose . to add insult to injury 99.9% of all trading teaching materials are wrong and ZERO% of any known so called indicators work . What keeps coin traders alive is the increasing value of their instrument not their talent .

Its tempting and addicting as gambling . so unless you know what are you doing and did it for YEARS profitably don’t trade .

1 Like

This, tried to increase my holdings by transfer to BTC, then back to ZEC once it fell…I ended up losing holdings because of this stupid move. I have learned my lesson, mine and hodl, no more day trading for this guy.

I would caution you against giving up on something completely just because you made a knowledge-based error once.

Moving from a volatile crypto to another and back is obviously not the best CoA; you goofed up and learned from it. Mining and HODL’ing will likely be beneficial in the long run, I do believe; but those who mine/HODL and play the swings , even if imperfectly, will far outstrip those that simply mine.