NVIDIA GTX 970 = 50 Sol/s

any comment about CPU usage??? It should be lowet than with other OpenCL miner using NVIDIA cards, right?
thanks

CPU load is not an issue. A dual core celeron has like 5-10% load with 6x GPUs.

2 Likes

I have 1070*6 for 1x. I can help you test the 1070 .

So since 1060 was 50 Sol/s, whats the current open source Nvidia miner speed for the 1060? 30 Sol?

Im so sorry for disturbing, but will you post here information about release new miner or i should check somewhere else? Thanks!

Confirmed.

3 Likes

OK, some good news, we were able to solve this issue. It is doing 300 Sol/s on rig with 6x GTX 970 (connected via PCIE2.0 x1 risers).

2 Likes

Weird that PCIE bandwidth is turning out to be a issue. Do you know if DJMs speeds were actually legit if that was the case?

when it s going to release to public?

We wrote super fast kernel that checks dups on GPU and then we transfer only valid solutions off GPU thus reducing needed PCIE bandwidth.

The original dup check function by Tromp is simply way way too slow.

1 Like

Sounds great, looking forward to release. How much sol/s is a GTX 960 expected to deliver? Mine is currently only giving 10 sols/s using nicehash 0.4b (suprenova). Not worth the electricity. :frowning:

Ah nice… So DJM (assuming his miner was legit) also did the same back when he was talking about it.

When are you guys going to release a miner that isn’t locked to your services as well? Currently each pool has to edit the miner to allow custom pools, which is less then optimal, especially now that your miner is (or was) lagging behind Claymore.

Also, do you have a release time frame for the new miner?

wow nicehash is awesome

Please provide some more details, code updates, and timelime … else this topic will fill up with people that want updates :wink: Perhaps release the alpha release to a few people so they can help testing.

OK, we have some more results of various cards for this kernel (all cards tested on PCIE2.0 x1):

• GTX 960: 26 Sol/s
  • GTX 970: 50 Sol/s
  • GTX 980: 56 Sol/s
  • GTX 1060 6G: 51 Sol/s
  • GTX 1070: 66 Sol/s
2 Likes

ahh , c`mon , stop teasing us , give us something :wink:

What is your idea of a ‘PCIE2.0 x1’ … some people have different idea’s on those risers.

That is what most farms run over risers. A gamer pc for example has GPU connected via PCIE3.0 x16 these days.

You sure its PCEI 2.0 and not 1.0?

How did you read link speed?