NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

So I’m OCing right now and I noticed I have to OC every card individually and if I save Profile 1 on one card it doesn’t affect the others cards if i click on it. Can I OC all at the same time? So far I got +40 core and +1000 on core. But I’m only getting 760ish. Just seeing how far I can push these cards with this software. Will update later…

I have 1080ti, GALAX EXOC version that I MODDED to EVGA FT3 BIOS. RUNNING SUPER STABLE

8x 1080ti GALAX EXOC Bios MODDED to EVGA FT3 - 5700++ Sols / Sec

When i REMOTE in, my first card drops in HASHES. but with no remote in, its all 700+ Solutions at 80% TDP

Total Power from Wall is 1900.

Hi,

Thank you for the script. I will improve it.

I am running 6 1080 Ti’s, however sometimes it shows me 4 or 5 gpu (not loading all at the sime time)

I’ve improved the script, that was posted on the forum. It check whether all 6 gpu’s are loaded.

TIMEOUT /T 30
@echo off
wmic path win32_VideoController get name | find /i “1080” /c > temp.txt
set /p TEST=<temp.txt
echo %TEST%

set task_to_kill=miner.exe
C:\miners\Zec.miner.0.3.4b
set executable=“C:\miners\Zec.miner.0.3.4b\miner.exe”
set commandline=–server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --user t1bnnY4tAto1CDYgTLREMW3NbmjWtk9XwPG.kzcash02 --pass x --port 3333 --cuda_devices 0 1 2 3 4 5 --pec --intensity 64 --eexit 3 --templimit 85 --log 2
set runforseconds=3600
set restartinseconds=20
set /a counter=0

if NOT %TEST%==6 (
echo RESTARTING
start reboot.bat
) ELSE (
echo GPUS ARE LOADED
echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo Simple script to restart your miner software after a period of time
echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo:
:start
start “Miner Window” /affinity 3 %executable% %commandline%
echo:
echo The software will run for %runforseconds% seconds
timeout /T %runforseconds%
taskkill /f /im %task_to_kill%
echo:
echo Restarting the software in %restartinseconds% seconds (%counter%)
timeout %restartinseconds%
set /a counter+=1
echo:
echo:
goto start
)

I’ve found that no matter what my oc settings are, the most I can get on average is 770-780 sol/s on the aorus… so i’d say that 760 is very close to target max. The reason is that the miner will only draw about 125% power from the aorus for some reason. You can jack the power up to 150% but the miner will still only draw 125% power. Without more power, the card won’t overclock higher so you hit a peak threshold for hashrates. I’ve managed to get one or two solves at a time up to the 790-800 range, but those are one offs.

Hi, does the type of power conector on the riser affect the GPUs? I mean Molex-Sata or 6-pin-Sata- etc. Ive read this in one post: "Connect power to the risers and GPU’s. Because you are using risers this uses more power connectors from your PSU. Best practice is to power your riser with a 6 pin pci-e power connector directly from your PSU.

Other options for power include Sata-to-6pin pci-e (only provides 54W to riser) or Molex 4 pin (provides 75W to riser). You can also get 2x Sata to pci-e or 2x Molex and I think these provide more Wattage . Unfortunately this is sometimes not enough power and can damage your riser and GPU. Please do research before using this method. Generally most cards should be fine on 75W but high power cards like 1080 and 1080ti are probably not safe to use with this kind of power connector, these are connected to the sata or molex power connectors on the PSU you must be aware of how much power they can supply on their rail" What do you think about that?

This is the source: #4 Mining guide - How to build multi GPU open air rigs - Riser cards - Tips - PSU selection - Etherium - Zcash (ZEC) — Steemit

i dont think its such a concern… my 295x2’s never had a problem with molex risers… and thats 2 cores per 1 riser…
my Titan X never had a problem with its sata riser.

people can say all the technical stuff they want… but experience outweighs talk

jesus, 100 fan speed? i have 6x 1080ti and all of the graphics temp are at 60-65 , 1 or 2 of them are at 69-70 MAX.
my core clock is at 122 and memory is at 212. FAN SPEED is on 75% fixed. Power is at 100%. i have 2400 PSU for my 6 gpus.

any idea if this is decent? just to be sure i am not doing something wrong

For my 1080Ti (MSI gaming X), with 27°C, 85% fan speed, GPU is 69° and power limit to 80% and no overclock. It produces 685sol.

Your config is cool with 65° and a nice overclock. With this temp you can go a long way! 70 looks like the max limit in order to mine 24/24.

thanks for the comment, so having 1 or 2 gpu reach 70 max is not bad at all . I was abit worried thinking its alot . Also the 75% fan i believe is good.

Don’t worry, it will last for years!

You should keep the fans from 90-100% if you’re getting hot tempatures.

You are usually spot on, but I have to disagree on this one.

4 pin molex cables are fine, they are rated at 11 amps for 12V. SATA to molex is NOT OK.

SATA connectors are rated at 4.5 amps 12V, period (1.5 Amps / 12 volt pin). A 1080 ti draws 4.4amps at 80% power as tested by Toms hardware (link below). The PCIe 3 specification allows 5.5amps total 12V draw on the PCIe slot. A SATA power cable and connector is NOT designed to handle 5.5 amps. It does not matter how many times you get away with it, you cant change that the SATA connector is NOT rated for the PCIe 3 12V 5.5 amp power specification.

Does it work most of the time? Sure. Are you drawing too much current through the connector? Absolutely. A 1080 ti, at full power is over 4.5 amps. AMD cards are a different animal altogether but still adhere to the PCIe 3 specification. Anyone who fried a SATA cable with the AMD 470 and 480 reference cards will tell you that SATA cables don’t like more than 4.5 amps. AMD reference cards initially drew more than 5.5 amps and failed the PCIe specification until AMD fixed the problem.

Everyone has to decide for themselves what is safe enough based on the design specifications, not experience.

i never said molex to sata

i said sata risers… and its fine from my experience… like i said … people can point to whatever technical details they want…

but experience is worth more than words

That is a bit scary, I now have to start questioning your motives.

First: A design specification is NOT words.

Second: It does not matter what you said, if you have a SATA connector in there anywhere you have exceeded the SATA connector design specifications, period.

People listen to you and you have a great deal of knowledge to offer. However, I would think you would not want to take this responsibility lightly, by advising people to exceed design specifications without providing them with the FACTS, not experience. Let them make up their own minds.

You sell risers with molex to SATA adapters, don’t you?

https://cryptomined.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=1&zenid=kl7bb32o63qpt3fil1n3klik02

I run the Gigabyte 1070’s getting about 450 Sol/s per card consistently. Light overclocking using OC Guru II. Primary +200Mhz Memory +400Mhz. Rig is in A/C space cards run at less than 70C always. 85% Power.

I have SATA (ver007) powered risers. I don’t use the adapter. I use direct SATA connection. They work fine with mine.

Yes, I never said they would not work. You can always draw more power through a connector than its rated for. However, if it gets warm then you now have a resistor that is dropping voltage and consuming power. You would not necessarily know its warm by touch as the crimp connections that get warm are in the center of the connector. Heat is the enemy of electrical connections and will make the situation worse over time, (heat = more resistance = more heat and so on).

It is also important to know that molded SATA connectors (like the ones sold with risers) are known to have the internal crimp connections that can move in the molding process and can be close enough to each other to eventually short (even at normal SATA loads, not over rated). Heat will help to facilitate this. While this can take months or years, once you get a short, the SATA connector WILL burst into flames. Now, you have a fire.

Most good PSU SATA cables do not use molded connectors and will have a level of over design in the connector for the application. But for 1080 ti’s I would not use a molex to SATA adapter, or any SATA cable at all. Just use the 4 pin molex, its rated at 11 amps. Why take the risk when its so easy to use the proper connector?

If you absolutely must you CAN run two GPU on a 4 pin molex cable. Its rated at 11 amps, even if both cards draw the maximum 5.5 amps you are still at 11 amps. For a SATA cable, just one 1080 ti is over the 4.5 amp limit of the SATA connector.

Update: I should have mentioned that I do use SATA cables to power my Nitro Sapphire RX480 rigs. However, NOT the XFX RX480 cards. The XFX cards draw more power from the PCIe 12V bus and will get warm connectors. So each vendor has different power draws and you need to be very careful. I did have a SATA connector get very hot on an XFX card (you could smell it), so I switched to molex.

So what risers should i be running for my 1080ti? 4 pin molex directly from the psu or 6pin molex/sata to psu? All my 6pin from the psu are already in use.

EDIT: My question was answered. 4pin molex directly from psu.