New Miner Help, Innosilicon A9

Hello Everyone,

I got myself into cryptocurrency mining and got WAAAAAAY! ahead of myself with a Innosilicon A9, i set it up and it is mining in slushpool but i am trying to figure out how to convert ZEC to USD and how to keep my rewards safe (what is the best wallet and most secure), I know i should have investigated all this before buying the miner but it is too late now, What do you guys recommend to me. What would be the best steps for me to take moving forward to learn everything i need to learn.

There are lots of Zcash wallets to choose from

It depends on what you want to do with your Zcash. Private transactions; choose a Full Node. Long term storage; Ledger or Trezor. Exchange for other currencies; Coinomi, Jaxx, etc… For conversion ZEC to USD, Gemini exchange has worked well for me.

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for choosing our pool!

We really recommend Trezor for storing substantial amounts of coins. The linked wallets are fine for smaller amounts though. It is also possible to receive your payouts directly to an exchange address, however, we do not recommend it since you have no control over the address and exchanges sometimes make changes to the deposit process and deposit addresses.

Also, while we do not have manual withdrawals, it is possible to set your payout threshold pretty high and lower it when you wish to trigger a payout. :slight_smile: That is a fair option for withdrawing directly to an exchange.

1 Like

Gemini is the best zec->usd exchange in my experience.

2 Likes

I would go with the Exodus wallet, it’s easy, it’s good, it’s safe, it has perfect 24/7 support and it’s beginner friendly.

Exchange and how to convert to USD is up to where you live as it’s an factor when deciding the best way how to cash out.

Hi Aristides03
I’m trying to seting up my A9 into slushpool, but i can’t connet my worker to the A9. I followed the pdf instructions provided by innosilicon, but I probably am missing some steep. When I intrduce the URL; wORKER AND PASSWORD. It never connect to my worker. And in the Miner Status showns:
Pool: stratum+tcp://xxxxxxx:3272
Worker: RPC User
Could you give me some advise about how do you configured your A9?
Thanks in advance

the best way is to exchange Zcash for bitcoin and then to usd
the wallet i use is jaxx and coinomi

Thanks for your comment, very informative.

I am not sure where you are located, the instructions are quite simple. use the pool address then YOUR USERNAME.YOUR WORKER then your password.

Hello. I have same issue. Did you fixed it?