Mining Speculation/Strategy

Is there any way of seeing Flypool’s historical hashrates? On their main page, there is the current hashrate, but it would be extremely interesting to see some sort of graph or table. As of this time Flypool’s hahsrate is 193MH/s, but I have no way of knowing whether this is stable or if there has been a big increase/decrease. Anyone know of a website that monitors specific pool hashrates?

I tested pool but flypool is the best on the world is wery stabile no problem pay out, and wery good profit.

Not that I am aware of. It’s been bouncing between 165MH/s and 230MH/s the last couple of days. I see pool hoppers coming in and grabbing a hefty sum and then exiting. To get a good indicator I check the last blocks mined to to see who has the biggest hash rate.

Somebody is pointing some serious resources at Flypool right now. At the rate we are going the pool difficulty is going to be increased again.

HI Guys, absolutely new to mining and comment threads so please excuse the ignorance, just wish to ask this question as I can’t seem to find an answer while plenty of information is available on the opposite! I have an unusual scenario where local government can supply my premises with 1000mb/sec uninterrupted internet supply. Is it of any benefit to have this when it comes to mining or is it all just based on efficient mining devices that don’t need a good bandwidth supply? Thanks

Mining doesn’t require a big amount of bandwidth, so even a 20mb connection would be fine for 200+ GPUs in my experience.

1 Like

@zij is correct, one of the things mining does not rely on is a particularly fast internet connection. Maybe you should host some game servers instead with 1000mb/sec :slight_smile:

What is going on with FlyPool?

I noticed that it was hit hard over the weekend by someone who raked in quite a bit of ZCash. I think that person has left and the pool is going back to it’s normal average. I am hoping the price increase doesn’t force a higher difficulty.

A feeding frenzy has begun on Flypool. If this keeps up the difficulty is going to be raised again.

Probably anticipation of the eth pullback

With the way things are going I’m doubling down and expanding operations. Will be standing up a new rig this weekend. Every time I add a card, I lower the time it takes to getting 1 ZEC. Right now I make 1 around 5.2 days.

Looks like the minute cryptos spike, a graphics card shortage begins. A GTX 1060 that I bought on Newegg the other day was at $249 is now selling for $436. The retailers seem to profiteering based on crypto prices.

Makes it very hard to expand or break even. Read the article about it below. Guess I will have to wait for the guppies to start selling of their cards on ebay when they realize it’s not profitable for them.

1 Like

If this is anything like July, then we will see a nice rebound at the end of the month / beginning of next month. The difficulty is slowly dropping as these miners who thought they could get rich quick with 1 rig are jumping ship. I can see a huge amount of used GPUs going on ebay in the next few months.

I mean I only have one rig running but I have 3 more on the way. It’s not a get rich quick, it’s a get rich in 3 years thing. I truly believe Zec could be 1.2k later this year.

4 Likes

You have the same mindset as I did last year. I hope the rigs that you have on the way are cheap and if so please share your source with the rest of us. These inflated prices are killing the mining community.

The price gouging is really insane. Some of these bastards are trying to sell GTX1060’s for 800 bucks! I’m hoping the recent crypo price drops scare off a lot of the ones looking to get rich quick with the end result being normalized hardware prices.

What I don’t like seeing is this combination of significant value drop and difficulty rise with ZCash:

Couple that with this stupid-crazy hardware price situation and you get a really a screwed up time!

Newegg is selling GTX 1060s for $1000. The hilarious thing is that people are probably paying that price. I’m seeing the overall hash rate on Flypool slowly dropping. An upward correction will begin in February.

They are, 1080ti Hybrids on Newegg were 1500.00+, they are now sold out

I read a story the Russian government bought up every one across their markets