Mining Speculation/Strategy

The total hashing power of the Zcash network hasn’t made a big jump (yet). Hopefully, this person has just switched from a different Zcash pool to Flypool.

EDIT: Probably too early to tell. It looks like the graph isn’t updated after 12:00. We’ll get the answer in a short time, though.

Looks like that person is starting to drop off now. Most likely their cloud contract is starting to expire. I should really find out how much it would cost to do that much volume for an hour to see if it is profitable.

1 MSol/s per day is around 4000-4300$ a day, so 50 Msol/s for 10 hours would be 80k-85k.

In that time, depending on pools luck, this “entity” could’ve mined 200 ZEC like 500 ZEC. If it was someone renting (i believe it’s not possible such a high quantity) it would’ve been a really crazy gamble. I highly believe it’s some sort of big mining farm that pool/coin hops all day long…

1 Like

According to FlyPool, the network hash rate has dropped by 25% over the past week, at least by my observations.

I know, I have gone back to the output that I was at before the difficulty changed.

How many of you on mining on Flypool benefited from the brief European outage this morning?

not me iam from EU :frowning:

Me
Screenshot_2017-11-09-05-08-47

I’m pleased by how responsive the difficulty adjustment is.

6 Likes

I saw that this morning, wondered what that was about. Must have been tea time, looks like they like it sweet with 12 lumps… :wink:

A testament to the dev teams work perhaps :slightly_smiling_face:

Flypool still under values my Sol/s by 5-7% compared to other pools, despite the 30ms latency. It’s not due to duplicate shares or a miner dev fee either. That said, flypool gets more blocks, so it’s more profitable.

Something big is going to happen soon. Flypool hash rate is way up today. Now I have to expand my rig even further to keep up.

I’m seeing everyone is jumping ship for Bitcoin Gold. Flypool is at 164MH/s and dropping. This is a good thing for those of us mining ZCash. With the price being similar to BTG, I would throw every GPU and even CPUs at it.

1 Like

I did expect for this price we would jump a bit in difficulty, but it’s been pretty stable for a few hours.

Then again, BTG has ~ 100 MSol/s, lower than ZEC has right now, by a lot. Maybe some people take a while to adapt, maybe some are just loyal to Zcash.

1 Like

I think there are a lot of loyal people to ZCash. BTG is trading lower than ZEC right now. I think BTG was all sizzle and no steak to begin with.

1 Like

I do have to say the number of miners on Flypool has dropped below 40K. I see some pool hoppers drop in every so often, but they don’t seem to stay long. I’m planning on adding 2 more cards to my new rig to up my hash rate. I hoping this trend continues by the time they arrive.

This seems to be one of the culprits. Would I ever love to be able to sustain that much hash rate.

I did mine some BTG but where can I sell it? I just registered with gate.io for BTG trading but there is no BTG deposit possible… Other exchanges the same?

Where to sell BTG?

Looks like everyone has seen the light and have come back to ZEC from BTG. Flypool has been blowing up over the last few hours. The big boys are hitting it hard.

1 Like