Miner- Optiminer/Zcash GPU miner v1.7!

After running 6 video card 1 is not started, and then writes an error
Access denied
It all started with version 1.5
1.4 works well

Have you tried rebooting?

x7 R9 390 2679 S/H WITH OPTIMINER 1.6.0 ETHOS

Hey Optiminer! v1.6 is not connecting to my solo mining proxy (sammy007). The miner just says ā€œconnecting to nexus:9999ā€ and sits there, never connects, never issues an error message. Flip back to v1.5 and everything runs fine, as before. Can I just use the newer kernel for Fiji with v1.5?

This one? https://github.com/sammy007/zcash-proxy Are you 100% your proxy is still up? I cannot imagine what change would have cause this but I can try it out if you are sure this is due to the new version.

1.5 kernels will not work with 1.6.

dallase,

thanks for the advice, I did the change you suggested and now the rig had been running stable at very good speed

Yep, that one. I have 23 rigs running v1.5 on it and have since v1.4. All the v1.5 rigs continue to run, while the rig Iā€™m testing v1.6 cannot connect. My start script always kills all miner processes before starting the miners up, so there arenā€™t any duplicate v1.5/v1.6 mines running. I tried 2 different rigs with v1.6 and both do the same things, i.e. they donā€™t connect to the stratum proxy.

Update: Looks to me as though the kernel loading is killing the miner. Iā€™m running Nanos. The ā€œconnecting to ā€¦ā€ message comes out, then nothing, while the next message should be the identification of the card with regard to the proper kernel to run (Using highly optimized kernel code for Fiji devices. from v1.5).

Around 20% impovement on 7990. Thx.

Just upgraded my linux boxes to 1.6.0. Looks like a solid and reliable build so far. Getting an increase across the board. At -i 7 with stock bios cards are doing:
RX470 8G - 288
Rx480 8G -301
Fury X - 452
Fury Pro - 470
R9 390 - 365

Iā€™ve got 13 rigs, mining direct to flypool. Is it worth using a proxy?

Itā€™s the only way you can solo mine with Zcash, since all the worthy miners only support stratum, while the network node (zcashd) only supports ā€œget-workā€ protocol.

Not connecting to flypool, either. Works fine with v1.5, still. (Scratch this: It seems that itā€™s getting hosed trying to id the GPU. Iā€™m running 15-302 fglrx drivers, just as with v1.5, so ā€¦) Wait, are you expecting DNS to be available for v1.6? My rigs are static ip (/etc/host). Are you trying to resolve an external host name thatā€™s different from v1.5? I have flypool in my hosts file, which was all v1.5 needed.

UPDATE: Itā€™s DNS related. Please provide the host(s) youā€™re trying to connect to so I can add it/them to my /etc/hosts file. With DNS active, v1.6 starts up fine. However, I donā€™t want to switch all my rigs to DNS, and DNS slows things down and can cause problems if DNS is not accessible. With my static ip config, the miners will run even if the DNS nameserver(s) is down.

thanks - that makes sense. Do you have a proxy you can recommend?

I was going to try creating my own mining pool at a VPS close by, but proxy might be easier in the short term.

The only one currently in existence for zcash is zcash-proxy by sammy007 (see github, he also has a thread here on the forum). Itā€™s a 2% fee. Iā€™m working hard toward getting a straight solo mining, no-frills, proxy built, but itā€™s not going to happen soon.

For everyone that neglects to read the README.md on github, @Optiminer is only charging 2.5% devfee now, so cut out the 10% stuff, OK?

ok, thatā€™s the one I saw also. Do you think the 2% proxy fee is made up for by getting more solutions mining solo with a proxy than through a mining pool?

Donā€™t mean to bug you with too many question on thisā€¦but I appreciate the wisdom of your experience.

I like solo, when itā€™s feasible (diff not sky high for the coin). On zclassic, Iā€™m averaging over 20 blocks a day @ the full 12.5 ZCL per block (no founders tax). Depending on the day, I have 3 - 4% of the zclassic network hash rate, so itā€™s definitely better than a pool, for the time being. Of course, Iā€™m taking some risk that the ZCL coin will remain viable, as Iā€™m holding all the coins until ZEC/ZCL matures further.

Btw, you can also set up the Z-NOMP open source pool software for solo, but itā€™s a hassle to get it running, and way overkill (read: inefficient) for solo mining, IMO, so I havenā€™t bothered.

Glad I asked about the pool. I was looking at this one:

I was planning ahead for when the Bitmain L3 scrypt miner came out I wanted to set up a pool to mine some of the smaller Altcoins that donā€™t have a pool close to Atlanta

But I like the apparent completeness of instructions on this one better:

Although it does look like quite a bit of work to buildā€¦

Maybe Iā€™ll try a proxy first. Thanks!

I am using ethos 1.1.9, but I have two gpu crashed over and over again. The gpu are R9 390 Powercolor. 4 out of 6 work ok. I am lowering cor mem and intensity for those two gpu to see if I get stable performance. All gpu with stock rom. Dual psu 1300w. Right now rig got stable at 950/1400 on those two gpu