Miner- Claymore's Zcash Miner

I doubt your problems have anything to do with your linux distro or the drivers, at this point. I would suspect that one or more of your GPUs is failing, or a bad x1-x16 riser, or even a flakey PSU. You may also have your intensity on the miner set too high. Overclocking/undervolting? That can be an issue too, especially when the miner is as highly optimized as Claymore’s and Optiminer’s are now.

I have some of the oldest risers , first generations , non-powered. I keep the GPUs slightly undervolted at 1050V and 1000/1475 MHz with tight memory timmings(i put a BIOS from a guy from bitcointak forum) i think it is a small chance to have a flakey PSU. I use intensity level 4.

Anyone has some ideas, why my machine might freeze as soon as I start mining with my 3rd R9 Nano?

I can run Crossfire Stresstests without problems and I am also able to run 2 seperate miners for 2 Cards. But as soos as I start mining with the 3rd card (regardless which PCIe slot) my system freezes. For some curiosity I have no problems in 3d applications / games while stressing all 3 cards at once (eg. Furmark). So there can’t be problems with my PSU.

Hardware (Win 10 64 Bit):
3x ASUS R9 Nano
ASUS z270f Mainboard
i5 6600k
Be Quiet Straight Power 10 800W

What I have done so far:

• latest Bios
  • Crimson 16.3.2
  • enable/disable crossfire
  • running 3 seperate miners with 1 card each
  • running 1 miner with all cards
  • Contacting ASUS Support (got new Bios - waiting for further help)

Any help is appreciated!!

With best regards

Have you tried 15.12 driver?

how about posting your config please…

also did you do a ddu uninstall of the previous drivers then a fresh installer or just an update?

If you have a kill-A-watt meter (link) just start cards and have a look …
Otherwise, I would use TechPowerUp GPU-Z
and would run just one card and clicking on VDDC Power IN (sensors tab) you can have an idea about the max your card is needing…

I don’t know if your cards are OC, although reducing intensity could help.
I googled the Asus Nano and saw peaks above 300 watts at max load…that’s why. Your PSU is a 80PLUS certification…at 100% load it gives about 90% efficiency (out of 800 watt)

Regards

Thanks for the tipps:
Reducing the intensity did the trick. at least for now. Right now I did reduce the intensity from 6 to 4,2,4 … 4,4,4 is a little too harsh. Having browser running und surfing besides mining 4,4,4 is able to freeze the system again.

The downside is that two cards running with 420+ H/s and the third (to be exactly it is the middle one) runs at ~300 H/s. My Wattmeter starts at ~600W (all cards @ 400+ H/s) and goes down to ~550W (~420, ~300, ~420).

Hey guys. First post here. Started mining today with claymore and fly pool can u tell me if I’m doing it right? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. Got 4 amd rx480 BTW.

that’s right. …

1 Like

thanks . one more thing … this is my setup
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool ssl://us1-zcash.flypool.org:3443 -zwal t1eZUMo9fDYTyp6MFeSGdSw92kVxjveghMz.clayz -zpsw x

you can see that i have the us1 server set . but when i launch the miner and starts getting shares it connects to the eu1 server… you know why this is happening ?
ZEC: 03/19/17-10:39:12 - New job from eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333
ZEC - Total Speed: 1200.713 H/s, Total Shares: 216, Rejected: 2, Time: 00:06
ZEC: GPU0 291.141 H/s, GPU1 302.949 H/s, GPU2 302.397 H/s, GPU3 304.225 H/s

post your config file please

1 Like

this is what i have in my .start file

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool ssl://us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal t1eZUMo9fDYTyp6MFeSGdSw92kVxjveghMz.clayz -zpsw x

sorry this is my config file and now its working properly with the us server . its because i had edited the .start file instead of the config. so when u said to post my config file i went and saw that it wasnt edited. so here it is and it seems to be working now… can u check if its right or if i should add any other commands ? thanks

-zpool us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333
-zwal t1eZUMo9fDYTyp6MFeSGdSw92kVxjveghMz
-zpsw z
#-tt 75
#-i 8
#-powlim 50
#-a 2
#-asm 0
#-allpools 1

Hey guys,

I have a problem with RX470. After start, the hashrate starts dropping to appr. half of the default hashrate and reach it in some minutes. I tried every settings in config.txt, but nothing helps. There was no problem at previous versions, and i also has a HD7950 which works fine with this version.

Anybody else has the same problem?

Looks fine to me, just make sure you set your wallet address correctly

Do you have asus rx 480 4gb oc samsung bios …urgent…my card is bricked ;(

Hi,
I have been using claymore since its beginnings, but now I’m having BSOD issues and driver crashing. I have a R7 370 and a HD 7850, here are the crash dumps : https://pastebin.com/xR542W3j ; https://pastebin.com/y6EaPniG
I am using Crimson 15.12, 16gb Virtual Memory and I am using the fancy commands.
I’ve also tried to switch cards to high performance mode in radeon settings, and I followed this without success : "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error in Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Thanks

do these things…
1 save your config file from claymore and then delete the folder.
2. run the amd DDU from safe mode, uninstall the drivers then do a fresh install.
3. before you do #2, make sure you have downloaded the drivers you want/need first.
4. install the new drivers
5. redownload claymore directly
6. replace config file with the one you saved back in #1

Thanks, I’ve done that, and it didn’t help. So I reinstalled windows from scratch and I’m having same issues. It might me on hardware side. I’ve Ethman to reboot the computer when this occurs, every 30mn average.
I’m using 15.12 driver coming from Guru3D, and I installed them myself via the device manager because the installer isn’t working. Do you think this might be the issue ?

just to make sure you should download them from the AMD site…

do the manual search, windows 7/10, 32 or 64 , then on the download page on the right hand column you will see where it says archive, click it and download the archive version