Let’s talk about ASIC mining

That is even with this prices off Zcash more then 2 million $ a month.

So you need 2 million $ off fresh money every month just to pay this guy.

But they just “testing it” …all money make mining will give for charity

1 Like

That means Bitmain will still some what control the coins they mine. They hodl all the coins they mine and they have a lot. The miners who have enough of the coin to stake will be able to mine. So all the little guys mining will be push out of mining!

1 Like

And this adress is just one more lie by Zcash team…just 10 days ago they sad they got promise from bitmain and inosilicon that they want mine for them self and that they trust them.
That lasted long…i guess more then 2 million $ a month just on one address is not mining …

1 Like

1.) Strange, so far the argument was that bitmain asics sell the coins immediatly and dump the price, now a sudden they hodl?!?!?! (a bit kidding here, don’t take it serious)

2.) Only 20% of ZEC are in circulation, enough room for everybody to enter ZEC and instead of buying hardware you buy some ZEC and begin to stake (mine), available for everybody and more decentralized as all the asic and gpu mining farms, mining pools, and and and.

3.) Every gpu/asic miner can sell their hardware and buy ZEC and stake it if he wishes. Means exactly the little guy has a chance as well, not only a handfull miners worldwide.

Of course if you are worried about your very own personal business POS won’t be fit eventually, but that’s another story.

1 Like

Well in total so far 7742 bitmain miners have been shipped

I wish we’d all stop pretending it’s anything otherwise.

As for PoS, I don’t know if I see that working or flopping. I mostly feel ZEC is fine l2p.

You know nothing. I stopped mining zec when Zooko made it clear about his love for asic. And sold all my stake, I made this clear a while back in this thread.

3 Likes

It’s perplexing why someone that no longer mines zec and sold all of their holdings would be so vocal. Perhaps some gpu miners just want another mining option? GPU miners that switch coins make the network less secure when they migrate their hashpower away from zec. That’s why ASIC mining is actually good, because it eliminates this migration.

1 Like

Ahahahaha, ASIC’s good because GPU’s migrate, keep spelling your "ASIC’s is our god and saviour"mantra. GPU’s migrate because they feel betrayed and can’t compete with ASIC’s

4 Likes

The problem with you ZcashCo people is that you are unethical but don’t seem to know it, its like the “Dunning–Kruger” effect.

Note: During launch it was stated that ZEC Equihash POW was ASIC resistant now not so much.

5 Likes

The problem with you not agreeing with ZcashCo is that you want to decide something that isn’t even yours, without taking any responsibility, direct investment, whatever, its like the “Self-serving bias” effect.

Note: Projects that “take commands” only from a handfull self-serving biased people are doomed to fail…

Source? I doubt that your number is correct, we would see way more hashrate on the equihash coins with 7742 Asics from Bitmain.

Actually i think the officially announced 1000 Innosilicons and total of 748 Bitmain Z9 minis to date are more accurate. If you have another source, please share!

1 Like

@boxalex Here is just one of many tweets and you can also follow on their blog posts they have been updating daily about shipping

Thx, i missed these somehow. Thx for sharing. Here the calculation:

• 77 Units May 29
  • 607 Units June 19
  • 748 Units June 20
  • 2002 Units June 21
  • 1337 Units June 22
  • 549 Units June 25
  • 2422 Units June 25

Total: 7.742 Units for Batch 1 (final)

Means within 7 days these will be online. Today arrived the shippment from 19th June in most Europe countries, so we will see more of them coming online the next 10 days …

It’s worth noting that in this last batch is where Bitmain increased their limit to 50x. We can see quite a few of these 50x Asic orders. I myself did order a few.

As already stated Bitmain started a new twitter account

Talk is cheap, If I were you I would sell all the ZEC I own as in the coming months the market is not going to be able to handle the sell pressure…Monero(XMR) is just beginning to recover from the sell pressure of ASIC’s it bricked from its network, there is currently only a US$50 difference between ZEC and Monero now, expect ZEC to devalue to less than a 1/4 of the price of Monero in the short term(1-2 months)

2 Likes

Than just sell your ZEC and invest into Monero, easy as that. I will keep my ZEC and even increase my ZEC holdings. We will see who turns out smarter in 6 - 12 months. My bet goes to ZEC :wink:

1 Like

I sold my ZEC ages ago when all this nonsense started made a pretty penny(US$500+ per ZEC). I don’t know why people always think adding features that are not in demand or even used is going to increase the price of Zcash in any appreciable way, Zcash is a technological incubator funded by founders reward for the developers that is where it will die. Hey at least @zooko got paid.

Zcash will be no different from DASH which spiked at US$1600 but is now US$240 approx 1/7 decrease due to ASIC embrace.

1 Like

The difficulty hasn’t changed much, yet GPUs migrated away because of ASICs? That doesn’t make any sense. The difficulty was higher at one point 6 months ago before the ASICs even arrived. The only change has been the exchange rate (price) of zec. This points to a fact that many gpu systems auto-switch based on profitability. I believe the zec community is better off without miners that auto-switch. This is part of Zcash’s process of “growing up”.

Further, there was an even bigger problem before the ASICs: Flypool had over 60% of the hashrate. The ASICs solved this hashpower centralization issue, yet gpu-only miners have ignored this huge benefit.

@bentusi If you’re not interested in zec and you’re so pessimistic about it’s future then why are you here?

Zcash will be no different from DASH which spiked at US$1600 but is now US$240 approx 1/7 decrease due to ASIC embrace.

This has absolutely nothing to do with ASICs. The entire cryptocurrency market is experiencing the exact same trend due to a normal boom/correction cycle. The founders reward was part of the deal from the start. It was transparent and helps avoid the issue of developers not being paid to do great work. Further, since I own zec, it’s nice to know that someone is paid by the network to continually improve it.

Everybody his own view and decisions. For me personally Monero, as a bot net money mixer, is the very last project i would ever support/mine/hold, but that’s just me. For someone else the last thing they would do is supporting an asic coin and so on. No problem at all.

Personally me is switching these months stakes more into POS coins as i hardly believe that 2019 will be the POS year and to avoid all these possible 51%, double spend, time spoofing, whatever attacks all these 99.99% of POW coins are exposed to. But again, just my personaly opinion and decision. Today i got my Z9 mini, in some weeks 1x E3 and that’s it with whatever hardware investments into POW, no matter if gpu or asics, it’s to flawed to hold long time …