Let’s talk about ASIC mining

GPU’s not really dead. Maybe here. But if a new algo comes out the boy’s at Bitmain will not make a Asic for the new algo. They have to wait to see how it is going to go. So the gpu miners have to come in and mine it. The Asic will show up if it makes a profit.

I dream about ProgPOW as soon as possible

As for here on zec dream on. Everything has been decided a while back.

Hmm, Bitmain’s twitter account is still down (12 hours or so now, maybe more?).

https://twitter.com/bitmaintech

1 Like

I am absolutely astonished by your reasoning (sarcasm)… You have not or no longer mine Zcash because bitmain has made an ASIC for Zcash so now you are mining ETH. Yet Bitmain has made an ASIC, RELEASED, and is on batch # THREE for ETH… but that is OKAY ???

In short, you no longer mine Zcash because ASIC’s are coming, but you have no trouble at all mining ETH because they are here???

You should should be concerned about your logic, ( or if this was a case that you had no idea those ASIC’s existed for ETH) or your lack of knowledge about ASIC ETH and not so concerned about what someone spends there $$$ on.

what a huge conspiracy

Thanks for your concerns about my logic, but Bitmain ETH miner only 4x more powerful with 2,5x price than 1080 ti, while Z9 mini 13x more powerful with same price. ETH network does not even feel this ASIC’s, while 40% of ZEC network consumed by ASIC’s

1 Like

and yet, If this is true I am still making the exact same amount of Zcash (+/- 0.25 coin for luck) has I have been for the last 90 days

1 Like

Check your payments duration two month ago and now. And after 90 days you will be lucky if you get 0.5x from the current payments

1 Like

But which is it?? My payouts have actually increased (moved to Np from FP) over the last 90 days and yet you are saying that ASIC’s already control 40% of the network… how can they control 40% of the network now but my payments are within +/- 1%…

I’m looking at my wallet deposits, hard physical excel spreadsheet proof, and it proves the rhetoric you are saying is false

Over the last week, I’ve watched network hash rate assume a set of values distributed between 490M & 630M. While “ASIC testing” could be a factor here, I think there’s an equally compelling alternate hypothesis: someone (an ASIC manufacturer?) or group of individuals is simply moving about a substantial amount of hash power to the most profitable coin of the hour. Either way, I find this rather striking.

@CitricAcid Obviously, it seems impossible to definitively assign a majority of the network hash power to specific sources, but I don’t think it beggars belief that a significant amount of hash power likely changed from GPU to ASIC during these phased roll-outs in a grossly approximate 1:1.x manner.

Please, open your eyes. Accounts - Zchain - it’s ASIC mining pool,their share at mined blocks for the last 6 hours 44% ~ 220 Mh\s. Network difficulty since that pool appears (09/06/2018) around 10M (8-9M before that date). About your payments-i see only words

InnoSilicon discussion here: https://forum.zcashcommunity.com/t/so-i-had-a-visit-with-alex-ao/

2nd post here…

My mining profits have gone down considerably in the last month mining ZEC, I’m pissed but this is business, i have switched my 3 rigs to a more profitable way of mining for the time being(sad moment). Yes i believe Asic’s are to blame… I believe things will work it’s self out here. :crossed_fingers:🖒.

I wasn’t going to say anything here but feel the urge.

@boxalex has lot of posts here BUT although I disagree with some I have to confess they’re thought provoking.

This is all about discussion, the last thing we need is an echo chamber to make us GPU miners feel good - dissidents and their opinions are important.

2 Likes

It’s not about making gpu miners feel good. But I will say this again. If the gpu miners didn’t mine zcash in the beginning then ASIC would not be here! Gpu miners do play a big part in getting a algo going. Because no way would asic makers take a chance making a Asic for algo that hasn’t proved it self.

3 Likes

Bitmain delivered only 77 ASICs, and since you could buy 50, it means that probably 20 people around the whole world get them … and the other batch in 3 months from now … so now it’s only being mined by manufacturers of asic and the zhash foundation sit with precedent and bitmain and an innosilicon and promised them not to change the algorithm and the coin is advertised as an asic resistant, decentralized and that if there is something changed that will change the algorithm .

Innosilicon mines for weeks with 250 mh witch is 40% off the network and they say how they “testing it” and this ASIC lover from this forum and Zcash foundation trust them more then GPU miners who raised this coin.

This coin is now joke off the year.

6 Likes

You spend an awful amount of time on a joke forum. Why is that?

3 Likes

@tromp Regarding the z9 mini, have you seen the first photo linked in this comment? Network upgrade testnet launch · Issue #324 · BTCGPU/BTCGPU · GitHub

http://archive.is/B0lDG

2 Likes