Jaxx for mining rewards - clarification

Decentral support (JAXX) sent me this after telling me not to use their wallet:

"If you click on the transaction history for one of the mining rewards, you’ll see that there’s several inputs and various outputs-- your receiving address being just one of the outputs. As Jaxx is a lightweight wallet, these numerous micro-transactions could potentially cause issues for you and for us.

Hope you can understand! "

Actually, I don’t understand… Does anyone know why JAXX would tell me that it is not OK to allow a regular, small, once daily ZEC & BTC payment direct from Genesis Mining to my JAXX wallet while it would be OK to make the same transfers from other wallets?

2 Likes

If anyone from Jaxx is reading this, I’d like to understand from their perspective if there are problems they are observing currently, or problems that they anticipate, from numerous micro-transactions going to the Jaxx wallet.

3 Likes

BTW, here’s a link to the relevant Jaxx FAQ answer.

Anyone know if this issue has been resolved by now?

It hasn’t been resolved

Anyone know what they class as “micro-transactions” - the ones they say may cause problems?

If you had mining payments 3-4 times a day for 0.25 ZEC each time, would this cause the same problems they mention, or are we taking about 0.0001 ZEC every few minutes?

This is all they would say to me…

"Hi Patrick,

If you click on the transaction history for one of the mining rewards,
you’ll see that there’s several inputs and various outputs-- your receiving
address being just one of the outputs. As Jaxx is a lightweight wallet,
these numerous micro-transactions could potentially cause issues for you
and for us.

Hope you can understand!

Thanks,
Annie

Decentral Customer Success Team
Supporting Jaxx, Rushwallet,com, Ethereumwallet.com, & Kryptokit
"

I received a support email asking a similar question. Jaxx seems to blame it on the fact that they implement light clients but I can’t find any documentation for why light clients would be a problem for this. So I don’t understand their rationale behind these potential issues with micro-transactions.

Hi to everyone. Since I am using Jaxx to mine and I am a bit worried about the about I would like to ask a few things if someone can help me.

So far I never had a problem with Jaxx wallet and mining. I have set the payment to be done every 0.05 zcash. Although so far so good is there a way to transfer my wallet from Jaxx to Zcash wallet for linux or I need to send all my zcash from Jaxx to the linux wallet in order to be safe for the mining payments?

Another question not relevant with Jaxx. My balance in Jaxx is correct, but in insight.mercerweiss.com I see that in 28 of May it says I have send 0.06 Zcash. That day I have only send 0.01 in Poloniex and actually it is one of the 2 addresses that I recognize, the other one taking the 0.05 I don’t know. Which balance is correct, the one in Jaxx wallet or in insight.mercerweiss.com?

Hi everyone,

I just got the Jaxx wallet. @dkmaster how often per day do you send Zec to your wallet? I am thinking of sending zec every 24 hours. Seems like it is working for you well. Do you have any recommendation for that wallet? The other address may be part of the whole block? I am really not sure.

Hello. I send every time I reach 0.05. For me that means every 24 hours. So far everything is good. I am thinking on changing to Zcash gui wallet in Linux soon, but I use Jaxx wallet for Bitcoin also.