JavaScript address generator for Zcash

We have many JavaScript based address generator for Bitcoin, e.g. bitaddress.org, coinb.in etc. But, is there any JavaScript based address generator for Zcash? I think, one would be great as there are many non-miner Windows users who want to buy Zcash very early from miners, but can not do so in absence of a Windows wallet.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a fantastic idea. Any such tool available yet?

I guess, everyone is busy in mining to book quick profit. No one bothers about Zcash in the long run.

This could have been a good project.

Private keys generated by bitaddress.orgā€™s code work fine as input to zcashdā€™s importprivkey command, to control an associated t-address.

But, how do you get the matching t-address, short of doing that import and noticing which new t-address appears in the output for getaddressesbyaccount ""?

Well, there is a process for converting a Bitcoin 1-address into corresponding ZCash t-address, as controlled by the same private key.

Inspired by @Voluntaryā€™s C-code for such a conversion, Iā€™ve made a Nodejs version thatā€™s viewable/runnable on the web in a notebook at Runkit.com. See:

Bitcoin 1-Address to ZCash t-Address

Read the caveats there carefully before using the notebook or associated web-service to create t-addresses

1 Like

I ran the followingā€¦

https://runkit.io/gojomo/baddr2taddr/1.0.2/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

Getting the following errorā€¦

{
ā€œerrorā€: ā€œinvalid_serverā€,
ā€œmessageā€: ā€œThe requested document does not export an ā€˜endpointā€™ function. Read more about endpoint: RunKit: Endpoint Documentationā€
}

Oops! When I added the demonstration of inline-use ā€“ ā€˜INSERT_BITCOIN_ADDRESS_HEREā€™, an error for people to correct in their own cloned notebooks ā€“ I broke the ā€˜endpointā€™ export.

It should be fixed now, in version 1.0.4:

https://runkit.io/gojomo/baddr2taddr/1.0.4/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
=> t1StbPM4X3j4FGM57HpGnb9BMbS7C1nFW1r

I made the request a few times before on the forum, but since this is getting very close to what Iā€™m looking for Iā€™ll do it once moreā€¦

Please add Zcash to the universal paper wallet generator (javascript) GitHub - MichaelMure/WalletGenerator.net

Thanks

Hi there,

Do you know how easy it would be to get this script running completely offline? Iā€™m not sure how to get the dependencies workingā€¦

Thanks,

Zeroth