Important Links for New Users

Welcome to the Zcash forums! :heart_eyes:

If you are new to Zcash you will want to visit these important pages to learn more about Zcash, there are many questions that can be answered by looking through the FAQ, Milestone and Funding pages.

If you have more questions please feel free to join the discussion on an existing topic or create a new one. Please try to avoid creating many new topics that can easily be answered by the links below. Always remember to abide by the Code of Conduct when posting and creating topics.

What is Zcash? | What are zk-SNARKs? | How is Zcash Funded? | Zcash Documentation | Zcash Release Milestones | Zchain Block Explorer | FAQ | Mining Zcash | Protocol Spec | Why Equihash? | IRC (channel#zcash) | Community-hosted chat | Code of Conduct & Community Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Terms of service

11 Likes

Hi @Shawn, can you update this to point to the Beta Guide (and also maybe link the Code of Conduct zcash/code_of_conduct.md at master · zcash/zcash · GitHub ). Thanks.

1 Like

Updated, do you think this is worth making pinned globally at the top of the category?

1 Like

Yes, please pin this. Thanks.

Maybe combine this post with the Welcome post, to bring down the number of pinned posts in the UI?

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

I’m unable to edit my old posts. I’m assuming because this account is a new account?

@Shawn seeing an influx of users asking same question of whether they should be using poloniex.
Not for dictating to users what exchange they should be using, but think it’s the interest of the community to pin a warning against using this exchange as it’s nothing but bad news, has genuinely questionable competence and is a plausible mtgox waiting to happen.
If you haven’t used it, can imagine this post could come across as just fud, but there are enough examples out there asides from just me voicing genuine concerns.

Hi @anon I appreciate you looking out for the community!

However, I don’t think it’s a good idea for Moderators to take sides on such an issue. As an open forum for discussion of all things Zcash it could be seen as defamation or favoritism if the moderating team were to actively discourage the use of a certain exchange or other web-services pertaining to Zcash.

You and other users are free to discuss and express opinions these kinds of issues.

(ping @paige for Zcash Co opinion)

2 Likes

Thanks for taking note. Completely understand where you’re coming from.
Not in support of vouching for one exchange over another but only thought it’s in best interest to cause less stress/upset for users entering the space when using their first exchange. Shall message paige for best route to take if any.

1 Like

你好,请问我想挖矿用什么配置的机子比较好

[Translation: “Hello, I would like to ask what kind of configuration for a mining machine is better.”]

You may be better asking that in the mining topic (Mining - Zcash Community Forum).