I'm a dev. What's still missing in the Zcash ecosystem?

A middleware tier like @microsoft’s #Cryplets?

YEP. We have seen a huge bubble in sales for exactly this reason (we know because the signups, activity, support questions are different) from Aug-Oct. It is petering out now.

Saw the same thing last year in Kenya. Looks the same as that bubble-- which also lasted 3months.

1 Like

I get

" ERROR
The request could not be satisfied."

for the dmg link

oh did I not put https on it???

fixed, I didn’t put https on the link, that’s what I get for typing it by hand rather than cutting and pasting!

@eyajuda: I’m glad to hear you’re working on providing valuable services such as integrating cryptocurrency into payment terminals, and other such things that can help the unbanked and others. Keep us informed!

@eRoss: are you in Africa too? Where are you located?

Sure @Zooko, will do, and let’s see area we can collabo.

the shapeshift api introduces many problems integration into a full node wallet would render it insecure. static addresses are not a right their a privilege.

Lightwallet in the browser!

2 Likes

To resolve this and other use cases we need to have a rest api in the lightwalletD:

1 Like

The .NET ecosystem has almost nothing for Zcash. I’m trying to fill that in over at Nerdbank.Cryptocurrencies but the EC cryptography is beyond what .NET or BouncyCastle has built-in, and I don’t have the education required to understand and implement the EC-heavy specs.

I’d love some help from a crypto-expert.

2 Likes

it’d be easier to use rust from C# than reimplementing everything.

I’m very much open to that possibility. However the rust crates I find are disorganized. The most aptly named crates lack orchard support. An ‘orchard’ crate contains redundant type definitions to the other crates, making them hard to use together.
If I could get someone familiar with the rust crates to help me understand how to use those crates (I have only a little rust experience), then I’d probably settle for writing C# bindings.

That said, I wonder whether rust’s implementation is really where it’s at. The ZF/ECC SDK for Zcash is much slower at litewallet syncing that whatever warp-sync that YWallet has. I kinda feel like if there was a codebase worth reusing, it would be whatever YWallet is using.