I just bought stuff online with zCash(virtual debit card)

Wirex is a wallet which takes in altcoins and converts them to Bitcoin or Bitcoin itself (shapeshift intergration), you can then order a virtual card(you don’t need verification, if your not verified there are some limits, to get verified you need to give proof of Identity and need to be in a supported country).
After you order a virtual card you can exchange the Bitcoin to USD and use your card online… I just bought 2 games on steam.

I am not some kind of advertiser, just wanted to recommend this for virtual cards.

NOTE: DUE TO BITCOIN NETWORK CONGESTION AND $3 PER CARD FEE I LOST $30 IN THE TRANSFER, MOSTLY DUE TO BITCOIN NETWORK CONGESTION.

This is great, I have a Wirex card. They accept ZEC ?

I checked and it looks like its not really directly accepting it. They let you sell your ZEC for BTC that you can then sell for USD to load your card with.

I am waiting for the day we can sell our ZEC directly for USD and top our cards that way.
Also a real time ZEC visa debit card would be nice. Similar to how Coinbase shift card works.

1 Like

Yea btc fees are just too high, its way cheaper to sell for fiat and spend that.

Yes… They convert ZEC TO BTC, wirex is real time(after I buy something it notifies me) if that’s what you mean. Thanks! Thanks for notifying me of the misinformation, I have fixed it.

Also, do you mean you made a wirex card after seeing this or you had it from before?

I have had one since they first started. By real time I mean a card that you can actually hold BTC on and spend in real time without having to sell your BTC for USD first. It does that for you when you swipe the card. Wirex does not work in real time. It is a top up “pre paid” like card where you have to sell your BTC for USD and load a specific amount.

I believe Central.tech will be a real time debit card. They start delivering cards in January.