HP Compaq dc7100 or laptop with external GPU?

Hi All,

One of my colleagues is selling a HP Compaq dc7100 CMT with motherboard hp 0968h. Does anybody know whether it is possible to install one or more good GPUs for mining?
Or do you recommend to me to by an external GPU to attach on my laptop Toshiba Satellite L750?

Thanks!

Hey, I don’t want to sound disappointing but the hardware seems to be pretty ancient. I’m not aware of any external GPU to attach to your laptop. You may want to mine with the CPU but it’s likely to be slow and inefficient. On the case of the dc7100 CMT my mother has one and it’s pretty much unable to run anything nowadays, barely Windows 7 or older/lighter Linux builds.

You might be better off saving your money to get a newer system and install a decent GPU.

Good luck!

I have an HP Compaq DC7100 Cmt too. (It’s the tower Version). I can use the Penitum 4 670 with 3.8 Ghz and 4 Gigs of Ram (800 Meg, 1 Gig per Module) and a Geforce 210 is workking too. I think the other 2xx GPUs from the 200 Series must work with this computer. I use the integrated Ggraphics with the P4 and Linux. I can watch Videos on Youtube with 720 at 50 FPS.