How to Build an 8 GPU Mining Rig (works for AMD & Nvidia)

Try to lower your memory oc a little bit to see

Oh manā€¦ This is becoming a pain in my ass haha, nobody knows why it could be doing this. What would you suggest I test/check @cryptomined?

i suggest you post a few times in the claymore eth miner bitcointalk thread

Yes, sometimes you can have luck, but with 1080 ti will not work in any case with 4GB RAM.

Did you tested your not working card separately?

What do you see in device manager?

I think you are doing something wrong.

There isnā€™t 1 card which is specifically not working. They all seem to drop to very low hash every few mins but not in any logical order, just randomly. Although some cards more than othersā€¦

Yes the cards work fine with no OC settings

First time you have told one of the card is not recognized, regarding drop very low, this may be related to PSU, do you have enough power?

Do you have the same issue when you mine zcash? using EWBF miner?

BTW: here is not a ETH community!

Hey

Sorry for not being clearer. All 7 cards show up fine in device manager. Have only tried with claymore - solo ETH mining. Have 1x 1000w psu and 1x 500w psu.

Apologies for posting in wrong place.

my 6x1080ti works fine with 4gb of ram, im not sure why you say it wont.

1 Like

Just try to add 8x1080ti, up to 7 should work, i thought we talk about 8x

why would 8 1080ti be any different than 8 1070 when it comes to dag files and ram?

1 Like

No sure, i just told you, my only way to get work 8 x 1080 TI, with 4 GB Ram i was not able to have all the cards running without any issue/error, after i have added 8GB, everything was fine, have you tested 8 x 1080 TI with 4 GB ram on ASUS z270-p?

did u set enough virtual memory? when using 4g?
no i did not try 8 1080 but i do not understand why you would require 8g for 1080 and not for 1070.

Yes, i added up to 16GB, same issue

maybe you should change to 20gb virtual memory

i dont think it should make a difference, its the same usage for memory no matter what card

regardless, pritchmc stated that the increased ram did not fix his problem

The max memory settings was set to 32, and minimum to 16GB, i tried many things, also when you have 8GB Ram everything works better, let me know if you are able to add 8x 1080 TI on a z270-p with 4GB Ram.

im not going to try 8 1080tis on z270p, i have no reason to try that.
but i still believe you dont require 8 for it to workā€¦
and when you mean everything works better? if 4 works, how can it work better than working?
the system does not slow down with 4g

however ill ask someone i know to try with 4g and see if it makes a difference

You donā€™t have to believe me :)), All the GPU are installed one by one without issue when you have more ram memory, when you have only 4GB, Windows is not able to handle the driver installation process correctly, but depend also by GPU, with 1060 everything should work with 4GB, but not every time, sometimes you may have issue on restart, one of the GPU may not be recognized by the system, and so onā€¦

to me is seems strange, i will ask someone to test for me so i know if it does require 8
thanks

May or may not help, but try applying a thin layer of Caig Pro Gold to the gold pin connectors.

A small bottle of Caig Pro Gold is not expensive.