Genoil's ZEC Miner

lol-- I am doing a little tidy work with line spacing etc on the program. Hope to release it tomorrow to everyone. It has doubled my hashrate from not having downed miners all the time

2 Likes

This made me lol. Is there a reason why you couldn’t just run one instance and get the sol you wanted?

If you read my comments. You might find a solution. :grin:

Mixing 8gb with 4gb is a no bueno unless you know exactly what you are doing. I would assume that the sapphire rx 470 8gb is the nitro version. MSI rx 470 have a different memory type? I’m guessing they have been modded for ETH mining? What you would need to do is mod all bios to have the same memory freq. That would be my suggestion. Leave core vaule alone. Copy 1500 memory strap to 1625, 1750, 2000. Set max memory freq to 1900. That should give you at least 28 sol per 470, minium.

It works for me, if 1 or more GPUs fails, 0sols/s, it simply restart that
particular instance, the remaining GPUs remain hashing away :slight_smile:

I tried 2 msi 4gb stock and modded bioses. both variants performance drop 60% with -k zec zec.

GPU 0 works 20-30 sol
GPU 1-5 - 0-20 sols (average 3-6 sols).

I start thinking that the reason is pirate Windows 10 64 Corporate…

Can anyone kindly suggest what would be the best config for my setup?
2x sapphire rx480 (4gb) windows 10 x64 i76700k
thank you:)

would be nice if you could integrate the new silentarmy stuff? :slight_smile:

what did they add and when?

2 Likes

Thats only linux right now yeah?

yes, only linux by now

Thanks for the info man.

Guys I am trying the v0.6 and with one gpu it was running fine, but now with 5 gpu it looks like the cmd windows is executing incredibly slowly. (even if I control it from remote, so it could be the connection as well…) EDIT: now I am adding the gpus one by one ant it looks like is working…

Also on rx480 8gb I am getting a not stable 30 sol/s - 38 sol/s, how is this performance? -k zec or -k zec zec, doesn’t seems to make any big difference.

Also, is there any benchmark to compare it? Thanks

Not sure if this sort of comparison helps you in any way?

I am using a seperate .exe / .bat for each GPU:

Batch File example:

title GPU METZ_3

set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

:loop0
GPU0.exe -c zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6666 -u WALLET/Metz_3/ EMAIL -p x -i 20 -w 64 -P 0 -g 0 -k zec zec zec zec
goto loop0

Mining for hours without any issues now (using EU Nnanopool).

The app was missing the times that Genoils Miner crashed and the app would stop. I have made it check the Genoil.exe and if not running it will now intitiate a restart.
As of now it does the following:

1 -Counts “0.0S/s” and restarts miner if they are present beyond the Baseline every 60 seconds
2 - Counts Submitted Shares and restarts miner if not increasing every 60 seconds.
3 - Verifies that Genoil.exe has not Crashed and if it has it initiates a restart.

Updated Screenshot

I’m sorry I left this out but it’s in the previous post:

• you should put in your genoil miner command in the minerCommand variable. Whatever is in there will be executed. For example: minerCommand = “genoil -c mypool.com -u user -g 0 1 2 3”
  • usually you save the script in the genoil dir. let’s say under the name pyg.py
  • you start the script by issuing: python3 pyg.py

Claymore 50H/s on R9-390X for now … :sunglasses:

which claymore?
20 chars

I’m looking into this…

First four number you see displayed are restart criteria numbers. The one you should be looking at is the H criteria (for hash rate). If your card is hashing at 0.0 (or any hash rate below expectedGpuHashRate then this number should be decreasing fast.
If it reaches 0, then the miner will restart.
The only question is that it perhaps is not decreasing fast enough. Can you post what you are seeing?