Genoil's ZEC Miner

Yes pretty stable for now :stuck_out_tongue:

Im using it with Nanopool

It’s nice that they opened up the --conn section so we can mine anywhere with it.

Some possible solution for this?

Help me somebody.

I cannot increase Sols from my rig using -k zec zec.

I got 1 Sapphire RX 470 8gb + 5 MSI RX 470 4 gb. all bios modded timings for ethereum mining. All on x16-x1 raisers.
I5-4440s
8 gb RAM dual channel
Asrock h81 pro BTS
Windows 10 64

Without -k zec + memory overclock to 1900 - 160 Sols average. (26.6 Sols/card)
With -k zec - all same.
With -k zec zec - 60-70 Sols from all 6 cards.

Tried many drivers, with or without overclocking - -k zec zec allways dropps Sols 2 times and more.

Can’t wait to see the fix for slow CPUs as I built my miners for Ethereum and CPU speed wasn’t very relevant so I got dual cores; 2.8GHz Celeron, and 3.8 GHz Pentium. I switched my PCI-E to Auto (from gen1 which was being used for ethereum) and it gave my Pentium rig with 4 480s (8GB) more hash. Switching it on my Celeron (running 3 280xs) didn’t show a noticeable increase.

This is the specs on my two rigs:
MineSlave0:
3.8 GHz Pentium Dual-Core in
ASRock 170A-X1 with 4GB RAM
2 ASUS RX 480s in PCI-E x16 slots, directly in board
2 Gigabyte RX 480s in PCI-E x1 slots, using x1-x16 USB 3.0 Risers
PCI-E set to AUTO GPU utilization at 100%
Rig mining at an average of 125 sols/s (average is evenly distributed across GPUs)
Genoil.exe priority set to above normal on Windows 10 64bit.

MineSlave1:
2.8GHz Celeron Dual-Core in
msi z97 gaming 5 with 4GB of RAM
1 GIGABYTE 280x in PCI-E x16 slot, directly in board
1 ASUS 280x in PCI-E x1 slot, using x1-x16 USB 3.0 Riser
1 Sapphire TRI-X 280x in PCI-E x1 slot, using x1-x16 USB 3.0 Riser
PCI-E set to AUTO GPU utilization at 80% (on all cards)
Rig mining at an average of 85 sols/s (one card appears to be going slightly faster than others, not sure which one)
Genoil.exe priority set to above normal on Windows 10 64bit.

troll, quick question…

asrock btc pro 81 mb for 6 gpu’s
or
7 gpu mb?

6 is more reliable?

You activated 0 miners. That is why… you need to either set some threads or cd or od or some combination of them…

With only one instance, leave the -k parameter out entirely. It only supports dual mode or higher. You may need to increase your swap file size to use more instances. The miner seems to use mostly swap file instead of physical RAM. In my case, I had to increase initial size to 16GB in order to run it with the -k zec zec param…and then even more than that to run a third instance for a separate 2GB card.

what spec are you using? and what sol/s did you have before changing virtual mem?

I am using -k zec zec on the 3 290 cards, and one instance on the pitcairn. Before changing virtual mem I would just freeze or crash if i tried to run too many instances.

can you copy the rest of .bat file commands please? and what is pitcairn?

pitcairn is the manufacturer code name for the chipset used on the GPU, others include, hawaii, tahiti etc…

but i already have fixed 50 GB swap file size. on C -drive (ssd)

Pitcairn is either a HD 7850, HD 7870, R9 270, R9 270X, or R7 370. In my case it is a 270.

Hawaii batch file

cd c:\zcash (or wherever your genoil.exe is located)
:restart
genoil.exe -c xxxx:xxxx -u xxxx.xxxx -p xxxx -i 20 -w 64 -g 0 1 2 -f 2 -k zec zec
TIMEOUT /T 10
goto restart
pause

Pitcairn batch file

cd c:\zcash (or wherever your genoil.exe is located)
:restart
genoil.exe -c xxxx:xxxx -u xxxx.xxxx -p xxxx -i 20 -w 64 -g 3 -f 2
TIMEOUT /T 10
goto restart
pause

Hmm ok. Was just a thought. Maybe try breaking up the cards into groups of two and using 3 batch files?

So it doesn’t crash on me (0.6), but mining threads quit after a while leading to a reduced hashrate over time

i dont know anything about cards groups and many batch files.

i tried different wariants like -g 0 1, -g 0 3 5, -g 2 4… - same performance drop.

my only 1 - 8 gb sapphire rx 470 can run 2 zec and even 4 zec with unstable performance boost. all 4 gb MSI just dying with 2 zec at any wariants(((

-i 20 -w 64 Are both defaults in Genoil, so those do nothing.

True. If you are using those settings you can leave them out. I left them in so it’s quicker to edit the batch file when I want to play around with them.

Sounds like an unstable memory overclock.

they are bios modded to smaller timings. like in all tutorials for ethereum mining

SO this bat relaunch the miner is that it