EWBF's NVidia CUDA Zcash miner 1060 - 170 h/s gtx 1070 - 250 h/s

Let’s say there’s a transaction which causes an integer overflow and the entire networks “thinks” the resulting address has 4 billion ZECs instead of 0.000001 ZECs because everyone’s running the same codebase. I don’t understand how it cannot be possible. It has already happened with some crypto currency and as far as I can see Zcash is not only immune to that, it actually solicits this kind of error. With the other crypto currency everyone immediately saw the result, with Zcash everyone will be left in the dark and the whole network might go kaput 'cause this new address may decide to use this money.

Because of the incident you refer to from back in July with bitcoins ( Value overflow incident - Bitcoin Wiki ) zcash already has rules that reject output value overflow transactions on the blockchain.

So again a mute point. If you’re trying to discredit zcash so it’s value will go down in the short term I commend you, keep up the good work. Ultimately it will go back up and stay there and I’ll make even more money so cheers. On second thought why am I even making this post. Disregard everything here … zcash is bad, don’t waste your money, invest in dogecoin instead.

Has anyone had any luck connecting this miner to eXtremal-ik7’s stratum pool?
I would like to use a faster nvidia miner than the one I have currently.

I am getting an error saying it can not connect to the pool.

What???

+---------------------------------+
| EWBF's Zcash CUDA miner. 0.0.4b |
+---------------------------------+
INFO: Target: 003c3c3c3c3c3c3c...
INFO: Detected new work: 94f
Init error code -7
INFO: Detected new work: 950

C:\ewbf>

That error code has to do with the drivers. Make sure you have the most up to date drivers installed. It crashed on me the other day and had to reinstall drivers to get it running again.

Anyone experiencing a slowdown after extended use? checked the miner at 5pm yesterday and was hitting 270 sol/s, checked this morning and it was around 225 sols/s. And seems to have been going on for awhile.

A restart and it was fine but just wondering.

I’m running a single gtx 1070 with slight overclock

I was having problems the first few days I was running it. Adjusted my OC settings a bit, and they have been running fine ever since. No slow downs or crashes in about 36 hrs.

Are you using the dual instance trick? Instead of running one window with EWBF’s miner open two.

Took each of my GTX 980’s from 200 to 212-215 sols/s

Just running it as normal.
I’m not sure that I know how to run two instances with this miner. I tried running a second as administrator but it wouldn’t work. I’ve also tried changing the bat file to use cuda 0 0 1 1 etc rather than just 0 1 2 3
That didn’t seem to work either

Just double click on the bat file twice. Should work just fine :slight_smile:

oh wow haha… what was I thinking

I’m seeing an additional 5-10 sols/s on my single gtx 1070… but I might be getting more found shares this way but also more rejected… guess i’ll monitor it for a bit

Thanks @vanilla1226

Updated miner 0.0.5b
EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner

170 sol/s on GTX 970 itx/ 6pin

Thanks @jelko! Updating now.

EDIT: WOW… 240 sol/s per GTX 980! Using dual instance.

If you have this miner update it!!

I’m now getting 180 sol/s on three instances on my gtx 970 6pin. I did try 4 instances for awhile as I read on the bitcoin forum that 4 seemed to do the best.

I’m excited to get to work and see what my 1070 will do. From what I hear it will be at 330+

My 970 is overclocked to 1491/3700 and gets about 230h/s and it runs at about 60C.

Will test it tonight on my 1070.

Everyone may want to monitor this. Someone called EWBF out saying he was taking 2% dev fee but EWBF claimed it must have been a bug and everyone should download miner only in version 5.

I think it’s time to update the title to this thread @ocminer

345 sols/s GTX 1070 OC

@jelko I don’t know how you guys are getting these numbers. The best I’ve seen on my Zotac 3 fan 1070 heavily overclocked is 240 sols/s with the newest version of this miner 0.5b

1 Like

@dtawom,

I have all three of them Overclocked. Windows doesn’t seem to make a difference, because one of the screenshots above is a comp running on windows 7, and another is running windows 10.

Do you have the most up to date drivers/CUDA drivers installed?

1 Like