EWBF's NVidia CUDA Zcash miner 1060 - 170 h/s gtx 1070 - 250 h/s

My 1080 was crashing once in a while on Version 3.
I removed the overclock and it has been running 20 hours without a crash.

Any chance you could add cuda 2.0+ support to your next revision? I suspect that my 580 rig would do pretty well with your miner.

BTW your miner is awesome, the 2% is well worth it, I’ve not got your miner running on three of my machines which were only getting @ 80 h/s per machine with Silentarmy v5. Now I’m getting @ 200 h/s per machine.

Before my R9 fury’s were the best h/s with Claymore, but now with your miner the best h/s per watt efficiency looks like the 1080, but the 1070 seems to be the better buy when you consider up front cost.

Anyway thanks again for an epic miner.

is this what you are looking for? EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner

Linux version is out also.

how did you solve the error -7 problem??

ok, update the new driver solve the problem…

good stuff
20 characters max

hey, how hot and loud is your 970 running at?

Mine runs at 70C. It’s not really loud at all, it’s using the default fan curve.

Okay thanks, because I’m considering running a 1070 and 970 in the same pc in my office.

If you don’t have good airflow, you might want to leave the side panel off.

Great miner ! Thx!
GTX 980 200-220 sol/s

Works on old GTS 250?

It may or may not explode.

WOW!!! This miner rocks!! I´ve tried it with my notebooks NVidia Geforce 940MX
My hashrate has more than doubled from 13-15 H/s to 35 H/s! Not bad :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the next arms race… After nicehash released a 325+ sol/s GTX 1070 miner

GTX 1060 6GB RAM +400MHz RAM here + EWBF v0.0.4b + Linux.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 375.20                 Driver Version: 375.20                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 106...  Off  | 0000:01:00.0      On |                  N/A |
| 50%   59C    P2   110W / 200W |    965MiB /  6102MiB |     98%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

The speed fluctuates from 173 to 188 sol/s. The average seems to be around 182sol/s.

Now let’s see NiceHash EQM v1.0.3b Zcash Miner:

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 375.20                 Driver Version: 375.20                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 106...  Off  | 0000:01:00.0      On |                  N/A |
| 50%   54C    P2   100W / 200W |    656MiB /  6102MiB |     98%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

The average speed is 224 sol/s.

Please reevaluate NiceHash EQM v1.0.3b Zcash Miner if you believe EWBF v0.0.4b is faster. It’s not and it draws a lot more power.

1 Like

EWBF is the fastest open source nvidia miner that actually pays you in ZEC though, correct? If NiceHash paid in ZEC instead of BTC I would switch.

2 Likes

It’s the fastest (and it’s not open source at all) that pays you directly in ZECs however you still can mine on nicehash and then buy ZECs.

Also, I think ZEC will die eventually and it’ll happen sooner than later because ZEC has not means of controlling overflows thus a code error may lead to a situation when someone’s address has 4 billion or something of ZECs and no one on the entire network will know that.

1 Like

The block chain still has data about every coin that has been created (public or private) and the data is encrypted using ZK-Snark. So if there was a sudden boom in the number of coins created everyone would certainly notice. The coins must be verified authentic on the block chain before they can be sold, traded, or transferred. So there would be no way to create a bunch of blocks without them showing up on the block chain. Even if someone did as soon as they tried to transfer them to another individual or crypto currency trading sites the coins would be flagged invalid and discarded. They touch on it a little here Privacy-protecting digital currency | Zcash and a lot more on the forums.
I think the worst case scenario that could devalue zcash would be if the ZK-Snark cryptography has a flaw or backdoor that allows for hacking and/or decryption resulting in all private ledger data going public.

2 Likes