Miner- CUDA Equihash (with devfee)

Hey all,
for those that do not want to read the whole thread, here are some quick infos:

This project started out as cuda miner for linux, but the latest version is available for windows too. It currently does about 108 Sol/s on a GTX1070 (24 Sol/s on a GTX850M) and the developer fee is 2.5%.

Windows version running on Windows 8.1 (probably also Windows 10). You need a recent graphics driver supporting Cuda 8.

Linux version running under Ubuntu 14.04 with NVIDIA driver 367.48. Other Ubuntu versions/driver versions might work to, you have to try out.

Enjoy!

Here’s my original post:
I am currently working on a CUDA equihash miner that I want to share on a developer fee basis. It is currently running at ~50 Sols/s on my (slightly factory overclocked) EVGA GTX 1070 FTW. At the moment I have only compiled a Linux binary, but I am working on a windows version too.

So if you have Linux and an Nvidia GPU, please give it a try!

3 Likes

And what might your dev-fee be ? Im not sure if this is the correct approach. The block reward is still small and until its 12.5 ZEC per block, there will be other CUDA miners, ones which will be optimized much more then yours and open-source. Instead of opensourcing your miner, you just provide binaries for Linux (!)- as if people were not enough paranoid will all the malware floating around. Maybe you should opensource the project and ask donations for continued optimizing work.

Just saying, coz the greediness of some people just 5 days after the genesis block is startling.

With 50H/s I dont think anyone here will pay you a fee …

at least will not pay after they publish new solver for bounty (someone want get prize for 130 sol/s on 1070)

Hi all,
I just did some optimizations and I managed to bump the solution rate up to 61 Sol/s on GTX1070 now. Developer fee is currently be 10%, so 55 Sol/s of this would be going to the user. I think this is fair, as it is a lot faster than most publicly available miners (e.g. with nicehash miner I got about ~31 Sol/s on GTX1070). I still have to fix some other stuff, so I will probably release the new version tonight or tomorrow.

I am also working on windows binaries, but that might take a few days… I am not very experienced in compiling stuff under windows.

I hope this answers your questions. Have a nice day!

which timezone are you in? (referring to tonight)

I am in CET, where are you located? For the US, this would be some time in the afternoon then.
Are you already using the miner? It would be nice to have some feedback.

im on windows only, cant test till there is a release :smiley:
im in CET too

Cool results on the 1070, would the 1080 be similar or maybe even better? look forward to the windows version.

Hi there!
I can’t say anything definite about the GTX1080. I only own a GTX1070 and a GTX850M, so these are the only cards I tested the miner on. But I assume the GTX1080 would be ~25% faster .

What’s the 850M getting? Can this mine with CPU at the same time?

The speed of the 850M was about 9 Sol/s, if I remember correctly. My miner is not supporting cpu at the moment (maybe in the future). But you can run another CPU miner in parallel, just remember to set the cpu miner to low priority then, otherwise it may interfere with the solution rate of the gpu miner.

Ok thanks. Good work btw

If you do a windows build let me know, i want to try

1 Like

I’ve 2 GTX 750 i and they works only with CUDA 7.5. CUDA 8.0 do not detect the devices.
Can you add this version of CUDA in your miner?
Thanks for your work :wink:

Is it (or will it be) possible to run this miner on old/low-end cards (GT730, CUDA 3.5) ?

@Rastamany:
Have you tried running the cuda7.0 version on your card? I think it should work… in case it does not work, please send me am PM, I will then compile a cuda7.5 version.

@soos:
The minmum requirement is compute capability 3.0, so it should work… though it will probably be very slow.

ok thanks, i try to install cuda 7.0 :wink:

please remove avx(??) from zcminer_maxwell_kepler_cuda7.0

./zcminer_maxwell_kepler_cuda7.0

zcminer (2016-11-02) - a CUDA equihash miner

Curently supporting Kepler, Maxwell & Pascal GPUs

This is a developer fee miner, meaning that a fraction of your hash rate is
used to support the developer. If your pool is not supported by this miner,
a pool will be chosen from a list of default pools for mining the dev fee.
Note that if none of the default pools are available, this miner will stop
working entirely. All displayed rates are based on your shares only.

In case of questions or problems, contact me under ‘zcminer.dev@gmail.com’.

Illegal instruction (core dumped)

[ 359.659191] traps: zcminer_maxwell[2400] trap invalid opcode ip:5207b8 sp:7fff450057d0 error:0 in zcminer_maxwell_kepler_cuda7.0[400000+35a000]

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 60
model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1840 @ 2.80GHz
stepping : 3
microcode : 0x19
cpu MHz : 2800.109
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave rdrand lahf_lm abm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust erms invpcid xsaveopt dtherm arat pln pts
bugs :
bogomips : 5598.75
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 60
model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1840 @ 2.80GHz
stepping : 3
microcode : 0x19
cpu MHz : 2773.968
cache size : 2048 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 2
initial apicid : 2
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave rdrand lahf_lm abm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust erms invpcid xsaveopt dtherm arat pln pts
bugs :
bogomips : 5598.75
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

@Rastamany:
Don’t install cuda 7.0, that won’t help as the runtime is included anyways. What I meant is just try to run the cuda7.0 binary… if you haven’t already tried.

@krnl:
Sorry, I’ll try to remove avx in the next version… isn’t really needed.