Miner- CUDA Equihash (with devfee)

Works with my 970s. kjhlhkljklj

thanks, maybe ill try it with my 980tits tomorrow

With the titan x pascal i hit 123sol/s with 10 threads in my testing pretty nice improvement =)
im on windows 10 driver 375.63

First time I’m seeing this thread. First post mentions linux, but I don’t see Linux version. Only windows…

@zcminer-dev Great performance with the 1070 94 Sols.
But I am having an issue. Every time the miner start taking your part and connect to your pool everything slow down and never come back to my setup.

@zcminer-dev i can give you acces to a rig with 1 1070 & 2 1060 for testing (Win10 or linux what you prefer)

All the nvidia community are waiting for your updates, if you give us something similar to amd performance you will have 2’5% of all the nvidia community, i think the recode will be worth each second you spend. Moreover, i think if you open a small crowdfunding via donations of hashrate you will have more support than you think

i agree!
we need more hashrate!

1xGTX 1070 with memory+600, core+150, win10 → 110sols/s
currently best nvidia miner. (silentarmy v5 → max 95sols/s)
your miner use only ~80W (silentarmy v5 110W+)

good work but unfortunately even with 110sols its currently better to mine eth :frowning:

A bit confusing but okay.
Using GTX 1070 EVGA Founders Edition.
+200MHz on core
+700MHz on memory

It’s using around 85% of TDP so 125-130W.

Now the funny part: If I use -t2 it’s only using 20% of my VRAM, and if I use -t 16 it’s using 90% of it. And I get same results regardless of how many threads are there.
It will always bee 120 sol/s.
So I’m not sure why is there even option for threads if it will always perform the same.

Anyway, it looks great!
I was using silentarmy before and I was getting around 90sol/s.
Now I get 120 - 2,5% = 117 sol/s.

Hi all,
thanks for your feedback!

@Bensam123 @nu1mlock
Yes I agree, not many people seem to be working on nvidia mining right now. But to make the miner profitable in the long run, I would have to be competetive with the AMD miners. So for more performance, I have to do a fundamental rewrite of my mining code, which will at least take a few days.

@cryptomined
Should also work with 900 series, but I’m not sure how fast I will be. You need a recent driver.

@Holy
Hm, I still would have expected more from a Titan Pascal. Not sure why is not much faster than a GTX1070.

@clintar
Currenly only Windows is supported. The old linux version has only 55-60 Sol/s and is not really stable. I will work on the windows version first, as more people are using windows, sorry…

@Brancarlo
I didn’t notice that on my system. Whats also interesting is that your screenshot shows very high I/s (this should be a little more than half of Sol/s), but the miner still seems to be working. What graphics card are you using? Do you have a recent driver installed?

@banana771
Wow, that looks really good. With similar clock rates I get only ~110 Sol/s on my EVGA FTW.
Also it’s interesting that you are getting that performance with only two threads. On my GTX1070, I noticed a slight increase in performance up to 8 threads, so I set the default is a little higher. But if 2 threads are enough for you, there is no reason to use more…
May I ask what Windows version and what driver you are using?

1 Like

Wow, really? more on windows? what happened to the mining scene? heh

confirmed=)big improvement but not enough=)wanna more hs=)

Well I don’t get it why are results the same regardless of how many threads are there active.
Using Windows 10 x64 Enterprice with latest drivers. 375.86

@zcminer-dev
To be fair, I highly doubt that Nvidia cards will match or exceed the price/performance ratio of AMD cards. However, there are lots of miners (both people with a single Nvidia card mining for fun or small profit - and people with lots of Nvidia cards).

As of right now, it’s more profitable for me to mine Lyra2REv2 compared to ZCash, but if that changes, I’ll switch back. And then there’s people who mine ZCash to save it as well.

So yes, it’s sure to be worth it if for you, even if it’ll take several days to rewrite whatever it is you need to.

As for performance, I’ve got a GTX 1080 and get about 92 Sols/s. It seems that the 1080 isn’t better for mining (at least not for ETH and ZEC) compared to a 1070. Still, there are a ton of Nvidia users out there, waiting for higher performance. You should go ahead and do whatever you can to increase performance - I’m sure it’ll pay off.

GTX 980 = 100 sol/s impressive !!!

if i use GTX 980+ GTX 980 what that needs to be added in bat file ?
exmpl: zcminer -l zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -u Login.Worker -p Pass -t4 -g0 -g1

@zcminer-dev I am using GTX1070 with the latest (yesterday update) driver. Also, the miner still working but stay stock on “Received new job # …” never go back to my pool. I am going to continue testing, and thank you for your help.

You would just need to write -g0 -g1
And you are ready to mine on both GPUs.

as about support btc wallet ?
for NiceHash pool ?

Anyone have a way to force P-State to P0? Mines Stuck in P2, so my mem overclock isn’t taking.

I’m only getting 100 Sols/s

Windows 10
GTX 1080

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@clintar
Ok, I’m currently working on compiling for linux. If all goes well, I will post a linux version later. Should be much easier than compiling on windows :wink:

@nu1mlock
Yeah, I think nvidia does not have the same price/performance ratio than amd. But still, the cards are out there, and with the same computing power than the amd cards, it might be possible to get similar solution rates.

@banana711
That’s because 2 threads are enough to fully utilize the GPU. Then, more threads won’t help. But that does not have to work for everybody. For my, I get small improvements with more threads.

@Hurtmanriff
Yes that’s fine, your command line will run four threads per GPU. If you specify no GPU at all, the miner will use all available GPUs.
You can use the miner for BTC. Just use a BTC pool and ‘-u btcaddress’.