[CMD] FarmWatchBot (Autorun/Watchdog) for Ewbf, Claymore, Dstm, CCminer, Bminer, Ethminer, CastXMR, Phoenix, T-Rex, Gmnr, NB

Thank you for your report.

1. It takes only “server”, “port”, “user”, “pass” values. It is possible to realyse another values but it all depending of command order and it can be many errors and problems in future. About adding additional server i will add it, thank you.

2. miner.cfg it is you miner.exe config file, but autorun have own config.bat so just to need be careful. Please do not forget that it is only a simple program, not a Nostradamus or David Copperfield, it cant read your mind and it is not an II :slight_smile: So please do not forget to fill and check all information, you must understand it, sorry.

5 Likes

Today v. 1.6.5 released.

Changelog:

• Cosmetics changes, optimisations, grammatic fixes.
  • (for premium users) Added command /stop - now you can stop mining.exe process by this command on your Rig(s). (For example before using Team Viewer, and after you finish you can run process again by /startover command)
  • (for premium users) Added command /online - it is like /info but light and fast. Only rig runtime status.
  • Every hour notifications now will be sent at XX:30 (because of conflict with every hour and every 2 hours restarts)
  • File change protection.
  • Added to config.bat possibility to decline computer restart if number of loaded GPUs is less than number of enabled GPUs. Added logic and notifications if number of loaded GPUs is greater than number of enabled GPUs. Added logic to calculate average hashrate based on enabled GPUs in case if one of them down.
  • Added new error and logic for it “no CUDA-capable device is detected”.
  • More information on temperature error.
  • Additional server in miner.cfg problem fix.

Please do not forget give more likes :slight_smile:
Thank you all very much for your supporting!

12 Likes

Hello, thank you for this great tool. Its working great. Sometimes it changes text in autorun window to red, although there is no error and will not restart miner or computer. Text is red for about 15 seconds and returns to normal for about 30 seconds, and cycles again. Why is that happening? I suspect that script is checking for new version of itself and when detect new version it starts blinking. If that true, i.e. script have communication with outside of my pc, where can I disable this feature?

3 Likes

Hello. No, answer is more simpler. CMD window starts blinking if autorun.bat found and error but miner.exe already fix it, so autorun.bat continue mining process (not kill it, not error show etc) and not disturb you, but show blinking because you need to pay attention when you will have free time.

3 Likes

Thanks for fast reply. It’s than just coincidence that when when blinking occurs, I check for update - and there is updated version of your script :slight_smile: One more question, when we update autorun.bat, do we have to manually edit that file or it will get parameters from config file?

3 Likes

Yes, coincidence. It will get parameters from config file. But it is opensource file so you can do what you want.

3 Likes

Today v1.6.9 released.

Changelog:

• Added support to notify you when your Rig offline. Fixed all problems with online/offline server, tested by 2 days - working perfect! (for donators)
  • Code optimisations and cosmetics - deleted 100 lines of garbage… Removed curl support, from now it working on powershell, so you dont need to have curl installed anymore. All can work by default.
  • Added share time check, it means that autorun.bat check last share time and current computer time, if current time greater than last share time more than 10 minutes - error.
  • Reworked Telegram bot server. For now on old bot is removed, im sorry, but server supporting now new bot, here is link: @FarmWatchBot.
  • Changed UI of autorun.bat, now it is blue with white letters, and in case of error it will be with red background and white letters.
  • Removed color blinking.
  • Removed unneded algorytms, from now code must be faster. Or less laggy :slight_smile: I hope so.
  • Added support of Aorus GE.
  • Added /profile command now from Telegram it is possible to switch your MSI Afterburner profiles (example: /profile 1 - set profile number 1 on all rigs, /profile rig2 3 - set profile number 3 on rig2, /profile rig1 rig5 4 - set profile number 4 on rig1 and rig2 only)(for donators)
  • Fixed Average hashrate cycle send message bug.
  • Added short info messages in hourly statistics through Telegram. silent and default.
  • Many other fixes that i forgot… this update was very hard for me.

Please do not forget to:

1. Add new bot @FarmWatchBot.
  2. Give me likes and answer poll in first message.
  3. Report all bugs and problems if they will be…
7 Likes

Thanks for making the script. I just tried it today, and ran into a small problem. I followed your guideline in the original post, but as soon as I started autorun.bat and started to mine, the script kept on killing the miner and restarting it in an endless loop. The log stated that it didn’t have permission to create files, although all permissions were set to full access. It seemed like it wanted to create some log files that didn’t work.

I had to add “–log 2” to the miner.bat file manually, and then it worked. I guess the script is supposed to configure that by itself, but it didn’t. Just wanted to let you know about the problem.

Nevertheless, I have some questions that I can’t find a staright answer to.

1. The autorun.bat-file seems to need manual input to start the miner (pressing Yes/No to start mining). How do I configure the script to automatically resume mining after, let’s say a power outage? Or a manual reboot.

2. How do I configure whether the watchdog choose to restart the miner or reboots the computer on certain errors? If automatic, how does the script determine what to do?

Again, thank you for creating such a tool. My miner was stopping at least once every 24h (no clue why), and I hope that your watchdog can remedy that.

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I’m very glad to know it!

About “–log 2”. Open and read carefully “Requirements” spoiler. Need to add “–log 2” into config.bat, not into miner.bat. Because every time when you start autorun.bat it check and create miner.bat like in config.bat configured. In config.bat read carefully REM lines, especially keep default order notice. It means do not to remove too. All is already configured and working by default, just change server, port, user, wallet adress, pass, templimit, fee (EWBF miner fee, not mine!). Another need to live like default if you do not understand it’s function (log and eexit). When you get permission error autorun.bat give you an advice to do. No need to hurry, read all few times, configure and check few times.

1. it is not needed to manual input, autorun.bat will select Y automatically after 30 sec. Or you can read carefully config.bat and find SET SkipBeginMiningConfirmation=1 - change 1 to 0.

2. It is automatic all. I’m sorry but autorun.bat have 800+ lines of code, many algorithms and ways to resolve problems, it is all hard to explain. All you need to know that if you will run it - all will be fine. Don’t worry.

And please, remember - read carefully, no need to hurry. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have to admit, the “requirement” notice had managed to escape my attention. I just did what was written under “instructions”, sorry, my bad.

Thanks for clearing up my issues. I apprieciate that you’ve taken your time to write the script, and in addition give me some tips on my questions. Again, great work. The script seems to have restarted the miner twice already, saving me some downtime and the hassle of remotely restarting the miner.

I’ll take you up on your other great advice too:

3 Likes

Today version 1.6.9 Updated!

(15.10.2017 15:00 GMT+3)

1. Added possibility to change miner.exe, miner.log names and disable “DoubleWindowCheck” finction.This will give possibility to run few autorun processes on one farm.I don’t recomend to do this, but some users need it. So, if you run single autorun process on one mashine, just ignore it.
  2. Fixed PATH problem, now it can contain spaces and special symbols.
  3. Fixed autorun.bat lag after “Folder Logs exist” message.
  4. Removed “Folder Logs exist” message as unnecessary.
  5. Fixed false “Long share timeout” error.
  6. Some grammar fixes…
5 Likes

Hey,

thanks for the updated version. I was using it for last 2 days and encountered some issues:

1. (Small problem) If internet connection is down, it tries to reconnect for an hour or so, which is quite long IMHO, maybe it could be set to 30 mins/tries, or we could set it in Config file ourselves?

2. (Big problem) If after computer restart autorun.bat still encounters any problem (noticed it before with failed to load GPU’s, and today - with lost internet connection), it writes ‘Config.bat loaded.’ and STOPS doing anything! Why not restart the cycle? After xx tries, it would restart the computer and then try again, if it fails xx tries - restart again, etc. Usually sooner or later problem disappears and mining would happily work again.

3 Likes

Hello! thank you for reply!

1. If your miner worked good more than 10 minutes - restart will be after 5 reconnection try (1 rec try = 1 min). If your miner worked less than 10 minutes - restart will be after 60 reconnection try. I will create config for this value (60) and set it in top of new autorun.bat version.

2. Yes i already know about this issue but this issue is very rare. I have only 1 client with this, and you second… Already trying to find and fix… Thank you!

Hope you will suggest more bugs or new functions in future :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for looking into this crucial issue, maybe additional info will be helpful:

Win7 64bit, AMD FX-8120 CPU, 970 chipset, 16GB RAM, videos GTX 1080.

3 Likes

Today v. 1.7.0 released!

Changelog:

• Option of using of mining.exe file for beginning of mining process is excluded now.
  • Added 4 additional servers in config.bat (1 main + 4 additional).
  • Added command /server in Telegram bot in order to switch between main and additional servers (/server [0-4], /server rig1 [0-4], /server rig1 rig3 [0-4]. 0 - main server 1-4 - additional). (for donators)
  • Fixed problem of script freeze before computer restart on the 1-2 code line.
  • Applied some fixes to online/offline server’s logic, problem with false offline reports must be fixed. (for donators)
  • Fixed problem of “average hashrate” false report.
  • Fixed problem of script freeze after sending of some Telegram commands. (for donators)
  • Code optimisations.
  • The autorun.bat is now automatically tranfers settings from old config.bat to the new one and creates backup of old config.bat. Values which don’t exist in old config.bat will be left in new config.bat on default.
5 Likes

I’ve just made the move from the EWBF miner to dstm’s after seeing reports that EWBF fee is more than advertised, especially after flypool difficulty change. I can confirm it’s almost a 3% hashrate increase with dstm. Is there any way you would consider making a similar monitoring program for use with dstm? I doubt we’ll see an update from EWBF to improve his miner or reduce the devfee

3 Likes

Soon will be released version for Claymore. And yes - it is no problem to create dstm’s support.

7 Likes

Development is so so so important for our community and I especially enjoy seeing detailed posts like this one.

Well done, @Undertrey!

5 Likes

I have been testing 1.7.0 all morning and multiple computer restart problem I mentioned before is fixed, its fantastic! :grinning:

I disconnected the internet and checked what your app will do, it correctly did n tries and then restarted the computer. It repeated the same PC restart cycle 5x till I enabled internet and mining happily resumed.

I also liked how new version did auto settings transfer from old config to new one, it saves time when installing new versions of your app.

Minor grammar tip: before restarting, we get the message something like: ‘Too many errors, restart needed fix GPU cash.’ It should be: ‘Too many errors, restart needed to fix GPU cache.’ The more professional your app looks, the better.

I’ll join the sponsors soon - the next 0.1 ZEC I make will be yours! Practical question - is sponsorship one for all your apps (EWBF, upcoming Claymore, dstm, etc), or it will be per app basis?

4 Likes

@Laszlo Thank you for your reply!

@Harry08 Yes, if you will join to premium users you can use all premium functionality for all miners that will be released. About your suggestion - thank you, will be added in next release. Hope you will always help me with detailed reports!

4 Likes