Anyone still GPU mining ZCash?

No. They won’t do anything until at least April and probably nothing then either unless the ASIC problem becomes unbearable.

okay so i sell my GPU´s
last month it was an rewards of 0.32 ZEC with 2x 1080 ti´s but now:
Block Difficulty

15.33 Mh/s
Pool Scoring Hash Rate

thats to much

ETH is still profitable for now. I get 53MH with the ETHlargement pill.

Well, sounds like that is definitely why “you” are here, and that’s fine. If xor1 says he started mining with a couple rigs to support the network, that’s his business. Sounds like his only condition for doing so was to break even at least which is fairly reasonable. At what point did you get to decide how other people feel and actions they take? Don’t believe I saw that forum rule change.

1 Like

“we came for the money”
its a quote and get over it.

that sounds like definitely why i’m here? does it sound like or is it definitely? Both in the same sentence underlines hard feelings you’ve got against me.

If you are “only here to support the network” then you shouldn’t come here being sad that your not going to ROI. Humbleness is key for proving your actions, and not wyning like a little baby expecting something in return… thats not how supporting works.

Next time @moordrik consider writing a pm instead of trying to publicly shame me for whatever you’ve interpreted…

1 Like

…and just like that, a multi-algo-pool decided ZEC was the best coin to mine & switched my gear over.

Feels good to be back :wink:

2 Likes

I ROI’d a long time ago. I never risk more than I can lose. Angry Much? You call out a forum user telling the person “don’t bring “that” in here”, and get all defensive and angry and aggressive when someone tells you it’s not your place to do that? PMs…I love it when someone gets called out for being rude to someone and complains I should have PMd them. Naw. You want to bully/silence someone in public, you get called out in public.

I don’t know xor1, nor what his situation is, or what his motivations for mining are, but he free to post his feelings/concerns just like anyone else.

Again, you are interpreting my words in the wrong way, this:

wasn’t referred to you or anyone in particular. It’s a statement: my personal opinion. I wasn’t opening a discussion, yet again, if you wish to talk personally about any issue you may or not have consider writing me personally instead of going off topic and spaming the topic for personal pleasure.

Read this one more time.

Since you want to cherry pick things. That is not an opinion, that sir is a judgement.

That’s an opinion. You believe we “all” came for the money. That simply is not true, otherwise why did anyone stay when the market took the huge dump? Other coins were more profitable.

I’m assuming that’s a snarky remark at bad grammar. Yeah, was on a cell phone. Take away my birthday?? Please?? /sarcasm

Absolutly not. I didn’t even notice the grammer error, I was pointing out that I’m free to post my feelings/concerns too.

Whatever man.

Following along:
With my nvidia cards I’m currently mining RVN directly to nicehash stratum proxy. Earning a solid 30% more. Even with 3% “penalty”(nicehash side) than mining directly with my GPU’s.

My miners have been shut down since June 21st :frowning: I’m planning to sell the power hungry ones for cheap or fire all of them back up and mine Zen or something else if the prices start to come back.

My prediction is still 20million for the difficulty by Sept 1. That would mean ~6310kh is needed to generate one unit of ZEC a month. However, if the prices stay low, the autominers will be - should be - mining more profitable Equihash coins, especially if they are running ASICs and want to just make cash.

Good luck to those who are still in the fight! No mater what, HODL…I see big things in the next sevral years ahead…if you can hang in for a decade…that’s when the real payoff can come…

2 Likes

I am getting over $1 a day on ethereum on 1080’s and $1.30+ on the TI’s in this bear market. I plan to mine with the GPU’s well into next year at least. All my ZEC mining is Z9 mini’s. I think a mini overclocked to 16k will mine 3 ZEC per month in early september, and maybe down to 2 ZEC at the end of september. I don’t think it will be as bad as you think. By next spring though the mini’s may not make anything if the bear market is still in place then.

It shouldn’t take 10 years to reach those levels. How would Zcash increase in value if there is no more development in 2 years?

16 million on the difficulty today!! Wow the asics have really arrived.

Still mining Zcash with my 1070ti GPU rig, until the Z9 Mini arrives. I’m still profitable under current conditions, even when factoring in electrical costs and difficulty. Although the payout rate has dropped substantially.

Probably going to convert some of these GPU’s into a wicked gaming rig after I launch the ASIC! :grin:

But I plan to mine ZEC for a long time :money_mouth_face:

I did that with one of my rigs. I bought a nice future gaming machine and mined with it for a few months before I put it in my living room on my 4K TV. :grinning:

1 Like

Ok, i will take these numbers from today and 1080ti prices in my country from today:

Price, cheapest 1080ti, 1015.60 USD
Profit/day 1080ti, ~1.40 USD
ROI expected: ~720 days (2 years)

Nice :slight_smile:

Seriously, compared to that the current ROI of the worst profitable asics seem to be like christmas, lol.

1 Like

Yea, I suspect its a trial run, 3rd day too, figured you all would have seen it already

18 devices are dead (or sold) already, nr. 18 seems to be a test though

Well I bought them in the US before the price jumped much. I wouldn’t suggest anyone start GPU mining now, but a chance to ROI is better than almost none which some ASIC’s have. I don’t want to mine a “shit” coin just to try to get my money back. If I can’t mine a major coin profitably it is not worth mining at all. ASIC’s get overproduced and drive all profit out of it given time. GPU’s are better suited to mine since there is more competition for them.

Is it sad that I want that H/s rate?

edit - I had to know… at current market this is usd $2,700.00 a day (before power)

second edit *** so this is roughly $119,000 usd worth of equipment, with a 45 day ROI (without power costs factored in)

1 Like