Anyone still GPU mining ZCash?

That’s you, him and me. Shouldn’t be mining be about wide spread mining and not some insiders that at time bought whatever they bought?

Conclusion: Right now it doesn’t make sense to any new gpu miner to buy hardware and begin to mine, it’s all to the old miner guys and some risk buy now miners. About the same for asics, no big difference at all, even it looks a bit better for newcomers.

No, 20 characterssss

The constant misuse of the term ROI has prompted this reply:

To calculate ROI, the benefit (or return) of an investment is divided by the cost of the investment. The result is expressed as a percentage or a ratio.
The return on investment formula:
ROI = (Gain from Investment - Cost of Investment) / Cost of Investment

ROI represents the Return on investment, expressed as a percentage.

The current ROI of a Z9 Mini is over 300% per year.

The time to “Recover Your Investment” is somewhere between 30-90days.

Here is where acronyms and assumptions can get people in trouble and can make them appear rude.

in my post I was very specific when I gave the cost and very specific about the recovery time of said cost. I even made sure to note that this did not include power. Since this didn’t include power then there is no way this could be return of investment since all costs must be included so it could only be recovery.

in fact there the other posts (boxalax) also state cost of item, how much the item makes per day and does not take into effect the total cost of running said item therefore this also is “recovery” and not “return”. To take it one step further, when 98% of the people say ROI in relation to a GPU or ASIC they are more likly referring to recovery of money invested.
I hope this helps you understand your perception of the misuse of the term ROI in this forum.

Yes ROI is shorthand for break even point even though it technically isn’t the same thing. ROI is what you actually receive or lose as a percentage of the cost of the equipment at the end of its’ useful life or until you sell it.

While i included, better extracted allready some cost (electricity), hence profit per day i agree that some more things are involved like software costs, working hours, other needed hardware and whatever not.

Of course i agree that it’s not the precise ROI, better recovery, i still think it’s some basic guideline, no matter it isn’t precise and fully correct at least it gives an idea.

Nothing about your post illustrates understanding. In fact, if anything your post reinforces the point that the misuse of ‘ROI’ is constant, as your arbitrary 98% assumption suggests. You just sound pedantic, and sour.

Exactly, some liberties are being taken with the term ‘ROI’ even though they subscribe to similar meanings. In conclusion, the time to recover your investment in a Z9 is much faster than any GPU. The Return on investment is also much better for the Z9, ultimately this will make it much less economically feasible to continue mining with a GPU asp.

And some are just done with the hostile envirement this forum has turned in to.
Back to the pool :smiley:

1 Like

What should we say? Thank you for fcking the community? Because you know… that community is based on small miners with small gpu rigs. Yes of course there are datacenters with GPUs but still was affordable for all even those with 1GPU to mine the coin which they used to love.

You can but a z9 mini for only 850 USD less if you have coupon

It is far away from that 850 knowing that is shipped from China, what about shipping , duties and VATs? ~1.8-2k for 1 z9 mini which will be useless in 3 months.

Well generally speaking ASICs doesn’t increase centralization. BUT , there is a BUT… You know that there are lot of small miners even pps mining with their 1GPU, that makes the community strong. Not the ASICs, not the GPU datacenters but every single person who is mining his loved coin. With the asics sounds, almost no-one with half-brain will install it in his house…

Since this sounds like an uninformed statement, the Z9 mini sound wise is nothing like its predecessors. When it first starts and any changes to its operation it is loud, other than that it sounds like any newer gamer system.

Don’t worry, have a friend with this ASICs and no… not even close to my gaming all watercooled machine :smiley:

Hey if it’s useless in 3 months what are you worried about?

1 Like

Erm because diff will hit 22-25 or more since then? Can you image what you will mine with 1080ti at such diff? something like 0.002zec xD

Yeah and?
That’s what my janky old cards have been doing this whole past year, Welcome to the Jungle

1 Like

And for someone who talks about Roi, you do understand that even if the z9 was $2,000 it would return that and probably more in about those “three months” anyways, right?
The idea of accommodating GPU miners gets harder and harder because you have zero loyalty to anything other than even the most miniscule amounts of what you consider “profitability”

1 Like

I don’t understand the argument that ASICs are bad because GPUs are no longer profitable…
Neither are mass carriage manufacturing or urban farrier services.

1 Like

Pretty much all the meaningful arguments ended couple months ago, zcash company is just cool enough to let people go on about whatever they think regardless of how sick we all get of it
Edit- unfortunately, yeah I fell off a while ago but some of you are really holding it down you know who you are : )

4 Likes