Optimized vbios settings for performance / power saving

can i up load the default bios for others so you can mode it for them i don’t need any help now i was able to figure out and mode mine. it’s doing what i want it to now , i only trust my own mode in my cards in case some one messes there card up . RX 480 Red dragon 4gb with Samsung memory according to GPU-z and the memory info tool .I always extract them with ATIFlash after a bad flash one time a GPU-z extract caused .

Sure, please upload the stock rom. :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for the rom.
I’ll fix that right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • Added Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ OC 8GB Samsung
  • Updated Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ OC 8GB Hynix
1 Like
1 Like

You can use the commandline tool to flash manual.

$ ATIFlash.exe -f -p 0 vbios.rom

Where -p 0 is GPU 0, -p 1 is GPU 1, etc.

I have to say, thanks for this - not because I need to use the ROMs, but because I can use all the VBIOS timing info for research as I work - I can now modify the timings at runtime (by accessing the card directly) - so now, while I know what MOST of the strap is and does, I need to reverse engineer the whole format in order to feed it to the memory controller. The different valid straps will hopefully have different (but obviously valid) values for the portions I don’t know - enabling me to eventually narrow down what timing parameter it is.

1 Like

You can just download the original roms, and open them with for example PolarisEditor.
There you will find all the original timings for each clock stage.

I know - but you’ve given me a rather large DB of ROMs in an easy to download fashion. I can then write a tool to just parse the VBIOS and rip the straps, then decode them into individual timings.

Oh like this. Well you are welcome. :yum:

how do I use this command line?

Press the Windows Key + R.

In the RUN windows which opens up, type cmd
Now a terminal opens. There you have to navigate to your ATIFlash folder with
cd C:\Users\Username\Downloads\ATIFlash

Now you are in the ATIFlash folder, where you can run the cli command
ATIFlash.exe -f -p 0 path-to-your-vbios.rom

Where -p 0 is GPU 0, -p 1 is GPU 1, etc.

little offtopic. Does somebody faced such a problem: unable to configure fan speed on one videocard, fans always runs on 52% (~1998 rpm) and nothing helps - wattmann/radeon settings/claymore args to fan limit… Also doesn’t autocorrect rpms to temp… :frowning:
p.s. in radeon settings crossfire is disabled.

update: If i stopped them by hand, software shows that they are stopped, percents goes down, but looks like drivers think that 52% is max… gonna to reinstall drivers then…

I have some troubles with Anoraks-Ellesmere_memshift-OC+FAN-(Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ OC 8GB Samsung), OpenCL crash on Claymore V8!

I have tested with stock ROM overcloking GPU:1360mhz and RAM:2100mhz, it’s fine.

Some idea of what is causing crashes?

Do you think you could do memory straps for my XFX R9 390? I can do it with Polaris easily, but I don’t know how to do it through a hex editor. This isn’t the stock BIOS, I’ve made some voltage modifications and what not. Thanks! MEGA

Dont think you can use PolarisBiosEditor on a Hawaii chip. :slight_smile:
I will see what I can do.

1 Like

There’s no GUI editor with strap support (that’s public) that will work on Hawaii.

sorry if this is out of topic but i could not find a answer anywhere for the prob
was trying to undervolt my 7x msi rx 480 8gb using wattman but wattman either crashes or when it is running it shows no data

Windows 10
AMD Driver 16.9.2
7x MSI RX 480 8GB

Any ideas how to fix that?

Hm, hard to tell.

First things I would check:

• Are you running WattMan as administrator?
  • Are you using stock VBIOS?
  • Did you try to reinstall/upgrade the graphig drivers?
  • Did you try to run the system with less then 7 cards and undervolt then?

yes to first 3
no to 4, was going to try that next

wattman shows all 7 gpu