Optimized vbios settings for performance / power saving

Yes, but only with a Micron memory rom. :slight_smile:

power color red dragon RX 480 4gb with Samsung memory, I was able to mode mine.

[img]//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/zcash/original/2X/1/1081e9f7a84ea871b832044b5e5e83f833eaff72.png[/img]

CM 8 the PC RD AMD card is hitting sense i was able to figure out how to mode it, what you see :slight_smile: .184 sol . before at stock i was lucky if it kept up with my 3 470 and it got a lot hoter faster . I’m using SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
speed fan because after burner was doing some strange stuff and making the other cards crash after the mode.

Hello,

Can you make a ROM for the RX480 reference above? A lot of people have this card.

Thanks!

1 Like

Partying hard right now.

Will fix that BIOS when I am not that drunk anymore. :dizzy::sparkles:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i can upload some sapphire rx480 nitro+ 4GB version bios for you(both elpida and hynix), can you do some work on it and publish it?

also why don’t combine your memshift with fanspeed? i think higher mem clocking means morea heats, under linux system that would be really necessary.

1 Like

Sure, just upload your roms, I will have a look at them.

Changing the memory timings does not really create more heat.
But when I update all the roms during the weekend, I will add a FAN version to all of them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

great, i will upload it later. 7:35 am here, gonna sit in office in 8:30

Thank you for providing such a valuable resource to us !!! Have you observed which gpu seems to have the greatest reliability/uptime?

Your low-power ROMs, how is the power reduced? If done through PowerPlay, it’s pretty worthless at least on Linux - won’t do a thing.

Just tried your roms. Good work. But with memshift + oc temp is so high… up to 77-80 degrees, cpu throttling/lot’s of memory errors. Or it’s good? :slight_smile: Sapphire ref 470 4gb with turbine shows 170s/s, but is sooo loud :smiley:

Probably a stupid question, but with ATIWINFLASH can I flash the BIOS on all cards simultaneously or is this a one card at a time thing. Second, if it is a one at a time, do I need to remove the additional GPUs on each Mobo and physically add/remove one at a time per flash? Did that make sense?

@krztoff5150
Można flash każdą GPU siebie. Wystarczy pominąć wiadomość restart po każdym flash.
You can flash each card after one another. Just skip the restart message after each flash.

@wolf9466
The max tdp is reduced, but you also get a fixed lowered VID on each power state. I tested on Linux, works for me.

@lamoz
Indeed, the OC versions heat up quite good. And the reference cooler isn’t that great. But as stated, ther will be updates on the roms soon with modified fan settings. :grinning:

The max TDP is probably what does it then - thanks.

• Added Powercolor RX470 RedDragon 4GB Hynix
  • Added XFX RX480 8GB Reference Samsung
1 Like

please check your PM, i sent you original bios file , i would recommend the GPUZ version, open that reading makes alot sense than atiwinflash dumped version.

also uploaded samsung 4GB RX470 sapphire. please check

Just downloaded your BIOS 2 minutes ago. :yum:

The ATIflash bios work well. I recommend using roms taken with ATIFlash, as GPU-Z cuts away about half the BIOS information. It does not affect the BIOS in most cases, but it can lead to bad roms and bricking your card. Have had that issue a few days ago myself.

Will upload modded BIOS for you in a little while.

Okay, I uploaded samsung 4GB edition but only from GPUZ few minutes ago, i will try to upload another one from ATIFlash for you as soon as i can reach my card.

also i will try your roms in next 20 hrs, and result will be present to you.

• Added Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 4GB

On the ATIWinflash window, I am only able to flash 3 of the 6 cards, doesn’t allow me to “scroll down”, if that makes sense

Anorak could you create VBIOS for Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ OC 8gb Samsung chips ?

Here the rom extract with ATIwinflash : https://mega.nz/#!60R2BCrR!H7PSNifuKmTkYqrXn0268mgghDChOGIkdkCwxBA_9ZE

Thank you very much

1 Like