Optimized vbios settings for performance / power saving

Try using command line option with cmd and force command to flash

That is normal.
The GUi just shows the first 3 cards. If you run more cards, you have to use the commandline tool.

1 Like
  • Added Powercolor RX480 RedDragon 4GB Hynix
  • Added Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB Samsung Rev53
  • Added Powercolor 380X Myst 4GB Elpida
  • Added XFX R9 390 8GB Elpida

Powercolor R9 fury nano disappeared…

I know.

Have to fiddle with that rom again. I can not test the rom as I do not own a Nano. Therefore I have to estimate settings based on the other roms, and usable clocks that are repported from other users.

I just released Chapter #1 of my HEX tutorial/walkthrough.

Have a look if you are interested! :grinning:

https://anorak.tech/Anoraks-HEX-tutorial

1 Like

@AnorakSupra i have a question. i succesfully changed the bios from my 2 msi 470 cards after i did the upgrade to the amd hotfix drivers. (i only did the mem strap)
i have just updated my drivers to 16.12.1 , new version. after that my cards were no working. i finally managed to install the original roms on them again, and now it works.
is this normal, that the cards with changed bios roms will no longer work after updating the amd software?

I will install the driver myself, and have a look at this. :slight_smile:

Normally that should work out of the box.
Some time ago, AMD blocked GPUs with modified roms via the driver. But I dont think that hey enabled this “feature” again.

it’s not such a big deal for me anyway. i did not notice huge difference with the memory strap. and i’m undervolting them with wattool already. bios thing was more an experiment to me rather than going for the last few extra sols

Zcash does not react to memory tweaking that much.
The best you get out of raw overclocking the core. But then again, you use more electricity.

yes, i’m using msi afterburner for that. going from the default settings (1242/1650 i believe it was) to 1150/1750. lower watt usage with decent sols.

Same here. Cards stop working after driver update.

mine looked exactly the same. i went back to original rom, and then it worked fine again with the latest drivers (i did not change the rom anymore after that, not willing to try either because not enough benefit in there for me)

There are reports AMD have enabled the bios rom checking on latest drivers,it’s about time they developed a specific driver for miners since we make up a good proportion of there sales,I suggest we all contact them with this request to force some development from them.

1 Like

Well, I just reverted to the 21.19.160.769 drivers. Works good enoug. :blush:

Here is a nice guide on how to remove the driver signature check.

1 Like

I like your new OP. 20 char limit.

hello @AnorakSupra , I could not do BIOS, I do not know but it did not give performance.

Can you please tell me can I make tuning with Sapphire trix to lower watt usage without giving up too much performance.

Thank you in advance!

Hy. Sorry for the late response. I struggle with some serious flu here. :mask:

If you use Sapphire TRIXX, you have to raise GPU clock. :slight_smile:

Hi Anorak can you please recommend a bios mod for XFX R7950?