AMD Hardware GPU Questions

GPU works aswell, but only recently people started to work on gpu miners , so you have to wait until someone releases one or keep an eye on the opensource miner contest.

An ethminer like with donation address at the header. :slight_smile:

this will be great if its public no matter if fee or opensource (donations)
I would be happy to donate some ETH if it was donations, as I am sure a lot of grateful people would donate BTC and ETH also. I see here you are posting in H/s hash/sec but on tromp he posts in Sol/s solutions/sec.

and will zcash perform well on both Nvidia and AMD cards? if he got 17 or so Sol/s on his 980, is that more than the 11 H/s on the 470?

is there a difference?

any news on the rx480`? Im thinking about to build new rig…

Doing 14-18 H/s (sols/s) on a 390X now. Haven’t decided on release yet.

if you do end up releasing it to the public somehow, fee or donation, will one be able to use a CPU miner to mine ZCash along with your GPU miner? Thanks for the hard work, I appreciate all you do, including your ETH miner.

not planning to. GPU mining rigs usually have low spec CPUs.

Thanks for the reply, i feel like I’m talking to a crypto legendary on here! right usually using G1840’s, as most of mine do, so then no point in CPU mining, just go GPU. All of my rigs are G1840 with the exception of a G3258… but was wondering if I build another one, which I am currently buying parts for, if I should splurge and get a better CPU to mine with both as I used to do with XMR. so it should work with a CPU miner running at the same time, you just dont advise it?

and with CPU mining I am reading that you need 8G system ram or more, Im not sure if that is true, but if GPU mining so much system ram is not necessary? 4G is enough?

and are the higher VRam GPU’s performing better? ie… do 8G 4780s and 480s perform better than their 4G counterparts?

If you need any help testing with 295x2, 470 4Gs or 480 8Gs im more than happy to help
Thanks again :slight_smile:

What might change your mind on whether or not to release it?

Do you have the approximate release dates?

rx470 4gb x 5
70 Sols/s ~ 80 Sols/s

Why GPU Load an stable and Memory Controller Load are so low??

rx 460 2b - got 70-80 sol/s (im using 3rd party miner)
any other idea please in other rx 400 series? thanks

I was wondering how many sol/s will I get with the r9 390.I have an AMD FX-8320e and a GTX 750 Ti OC now and I get results of 27sol/s using 10 threads.Will I get slightly better results or way better purchasing a new GPU ?

I’ve read reports of around 50 sols/s with an R9 390 using Claymore’s miner.

I get around 45sol/s with silentarmy miner on a sapphire nitro R9 390 8GB

i wonder how much for an r9 380 4gb

Claymore miner with 6 x r9 390 gives on average 320.6 H/s with standart deviation of 4.8 H/s.

Asus R9 390= 69-80 H/s
With Claymore im getting best results so far .

I just don’t like the devfee and the non-opensource thing .

is claymore a miner??

480x is 40 sol/s unless u overclock it