AMD Hardware GPU Questions

anyone got the 4gb version and know if it can be unlocked to 8gb, mine has Samsung memory @ 4gb i don’t really fell like pulling off the cover to see if it has 8 gb and has anyone edited the 4gb version bios yet i tried the other day but stopped when i saw it went from 1725 to 1900 then 2000 not like the other cards, i plan to use it for ETH and ZCash or am now wonder how the 1900 strap would work .or what setting to use mainly for eth mining with out re flashing , it only has one bios, id answer my own question with two bios,

My rig is stable at 1300/2000 with -10 to -15 vottage offset depend on asic quality of each card, total 1030H

Anyone tried 9x RX 480 on a MSI z97 Gaming 5 with windows 10?

if you want
any custom
rom
for saphire r9 fury
post it here

6x stock r9 390 OC 8GB strix (1050/1500)
1600W at wall
216H/s per card
Win10 - claymore v7

thanks for any advice how optimalize power vs hashrate

Download V8.0 its 300 per card

guys is it worth buying cards that display port does not work?
I mean they are fairly cheap to buy compared to new price. fans spin etc… but its just the display ports don’t work… whats your views on this?

If nothing else is affected, why not.

1 Like

Are you asking for a ROM, or providing one? I have two Fury cards, they’re pretty nice.

Hey there finally after 1 month unlucky financial issues I’m gonna build my rigs. I need to say that I know minings risks and I’m okay with funding this project of mine.

I bought 6 rx470 4gb’s for first rig. When I just thinking of buying 6 rx 470’s more fofr my rig i saw claymore’s v8 update. And the hashraters of 390’s is flawless. So what is your tip should i buy r9 390’s for my second rig. rx 470’s cost me 235 dolar each and r9 390’s gonna cost me like 260 dolar (second hand all used like 2 or 3 month with warranty) . And until May 1 of my rig can free electricity.

And btw should i buy 2x 1000 psu for 6x r9 390 ?

These are my questions thanks in advance for your kind answers :slight_smile:

Have you got fury rom? Wouldn’t mind trying if better than stock with power saving

I have one, but just use a BIOS editor on it.

Hi Wolf thanks for reply I have some furys and was looking to save some power,all my cards running stock roms at moment waiting till we know more about what’s needed to optimise for zcash,waiting for you to work your magic and share your findings :smile:

I can’t share my VBIOS, as it has a lot of things in it that I really don’t want public, but see this link: Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo ) | Overclock.net

No problem I came across this information yesterday and is very helpful thanks Wolf

Interesting… to say the least.

The link or my comment?

I can not find this MB: MSI Z97X-Gaming M5 in stock or with delivery option to my country, my question is… if the following MB: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 was tested ?

Your comment, I’m a frequent on Ocnet :wink:

What kind of power/amps your drawing out that