Amazon.com 6 x RX 470/480 4/8GB GPU Mining Rig Shopping List - DIY

lucky you. hardly available in Europe. I switched to Corsait HXi Series since EVGA P2 was very loud under load. 240€ for a 1200Watt one

The EVGA P2 is better quality than the HXi series. The AXi series is roughly on par with the EVGA P2 but it’s expensive.

actually your right we are lucky here now, before this month they were not available here… my first 1300G2 was an import from the states - though even imported still cheaper than getting anything over 1000W here… however, now they are regularly sold (china model) at jd.com so im happy about that… save an additional 50$ USD over importing them

only difference is the wall plug, and that the VGA cables are black istead of red.

and i do not find that my EVGA 1300G2 are in anyway loud, can’t even hear them over the GPU fans to be honest… did not notice any noise difference between AX1200i and 1300G2

with loud i meant not a noise done by the ventilator itself but the buzzing noise coming from some other parts of the PSU and only under load. i think i’ve got a faulty model.

i think if i order via jd.com i will still need to pay a tax in the EU for importing them. and the warranty aspect is also very important. If i buy a PSU over amazon.de and it goes up in smokes i can get a replacment or money back in 2 days, but what will happen if the PSU from jd.com burns? i would need to send the PSU to EVGA Europe and wait for repair or replacement for weeks, meaning not being able to mine. So i’d prefer to pay more, but get better support.

just my 5 cent, sry :smiley:

oh you should not get any whinning from the PSU, something was clearly wrong with yours
mine never whine

Your talking about PSU coilwhine, maybe check if you have any fans that are close to dying in the system. There’s been a few times that some specific GPUs cause the PSU coilwhine.

It’s not that common to have coilwhine on better quality PSUs like the P2.

Running a game without Vsync (something that gets the FPS crazy high like 1000FPS +) will make it sound louder. It isn’t something you have to worry about though, its just annoying.

Here is the modified ROM I’m using on my MSI RX470 4GBs

How many nanos do you think i can safely power with the 1200w platinum evga?

Also iv got a parts list for my diy rig i need someone to check over please…

1x 1200w evga platinum
1x h97 anniversary motherboard
1x i3 4170 processor
2x 4gb 1600mhz ram
1x power switch
4x nanos
1x shoe rack (lol)
6x usb risers

Anything else before i start?

1 Like

Roughly 4xNanos with a 1200w PSU should be ok, the actual TDP of 4xFurys is 1100w not including the system (275wx4+system).

If Claymore’s miner coming out in the next hour is lower power consumption than ETH mining (<200w) you should probably be ok.

1 Like

Nice rig.

Mine:

Motherboard - MSI Z97 Gaming 5
GPUs - 5 x XFX R9 Fury
CPU - Intel Pentium G3240 Dual Core 3.1GHz 3MB
PSU - 2 x 1000W EVGA SuperNOVA G1
RAM - Corsair 8GB DDR3 2400Mhz Vengeance Pro
SSD - SAMSUNG 750 EVO 120GB
Extender Riser Card Adapter USB3.0 PCI-E Express 1x To 16x

4 Likes

im really wondering whats best for my next rig…

6-7 nanos?
6-7 fury?
6-7 470D ?
or 6-7 480s ?

whats the fury getting speed wise with optiminer or claymore now?

where the F is the 490 already

looks like the z97 gaming 5 MSI is becomming hte most popular ZCash mining board

how / where did you order your gaming 5? i noticed you did not get the original box

1 Like

I found that Gaming 5 on ebay, brand new, all set. never used, without msi box ( replacement from msi) i paid £119 ship.

1 Like

cool thats how they sell them here, some sellers have like 100’s
maybe ill pick another up, they just cost me like 85-90$ where a pro btc or anni b85 cdost me like 75-80 so

1 Like

XFX Fury (Non X) with AIO is getting around 173H/s on Claymore V5.0 should be closer to 200H/s on new release.

These are stock clocks btw and the XFX model is the only AIO watercooled Fury available.

1 Like

I hope i will make 900+ sol/s on start, after undervoltage :joy:

how does the fury compare with the rx 480 in power consumption
i mean is it worth to pay $100 more and 40 sol more considering power consumption over the rx 480

its just been released try it out

You are looking at 1000H/s with the new version I think (even undervolted)… waiting now

1 Like

what are you waiting for??

151 H/s RX480
193 H/s Fury
196 H/s Fury X

Claymore … I think they are going to get more
this is 5 second test lol

-i 2

1 Like