Amazon.com 6 x RX 470/480 4/8GB GPU Mining Rig Shopping List - DIY

On the h97 board what processor do you recommend? I3 4170 or i3 6100?

Post GPU BIOS Mod

Before: 345 Sols/s at 725 Watts
After: 490 Sols/s at 650 Watts

:smiley:

What GPUs and software?

Itā€™s all listed in the first post of this thread.

1 Like

120 Sol/s on Rx470s

130 for RX480s

Claymores new miner

4gb model or 8gb? Modded or unmodded? Whatā€™s the net sol/s at Pool side (net after dev fee)?

Im stock (RX480) waiting for pool to catch up

I use USB thumb drives. You can buy them much cheaper and by the sackful :stuck_out_tongue:

You use thumb drives for OS and boot from it each time? Seems like that would slow down the system of lot b/c of slower I/O of USB 3.0 vs SATA. How does it work? Ubuntu server headless I presume?

I havenā€™t detected any slowdown at all, in fact they would be faster than a standard HDD but that is irrelevant. For mining we are using a tiny tiny fraction of the available throughput. I have a prepared .img of a vastly stripped down version of Win10 that I can clone to the thumb drives. You have to set your BIOS so it boots from the USB drive, but most do that by default since they now detect what is connected. I also set the BIOS to restart when power is restored, so there is no need for power or reset switches. In the start folder is a shortcut to my .bat. Pretty much automatic.

Very cool. If you ever feel inclined Iā€™d be grateful for a copy of that image (maybe upload to Mega or Drive)? Iā€™ll try Ubuntu Server non-gui on a thumb drive next, should be a fun experiment.

You can find win10 lite on torrents. It would be similar to my .img that I created using nlite. Right now Iā€™m about to see if I can control several rigs using a Pi. Iā€™m curious if I can get a win10 .img on the SD card and have that run all the rigs connected to a USB hub. So far I havenā€™t thought up an efficient way to get the moboā€™s talking to the Pi. I havenā€™t started yet, but am sure headaches are in my future lol.

1 Like

Does anyone know if this PSU is legit? Please save me from buying some ghetto PSU

you did see that output is 900W on 110V?
And usually Server power supplies are not very energy efficient.

I knew something was upā€¦

Thank you for catching that.

just get an EVGA 1300G2

i have bought 3 over the last month, they are awesome

Got any used one you can sell me for $100 :yum:

lol just bought them, but they only cost about 200$ here. they are a great deal for what you get. 10 year warranty also
i wont buy any other PSUs now, only EVGA G2 series

1 Like

How did you mod your BIOS? I mean is there a link that summarizes what you did?

@cryptomined is your man

2 Likes