About the Mining Support category

Support questions specifically regarding mining on the Zcash network

Im a Newbie to this but for reason I’d checked out my progress to today im getting this message :

Pool host: zec.pool.minergate.com
Pool port: 3357
Pool user: cdolars@gmail.com
Pool pass:
Algorithm: Equihash

Resolving pool host zec.pool.minergate.com… OK
Establishing connection with proxy… OK
Establishing connection with pool 176.9.122.21:3357… OK
Sending mining.subscribe… OK
Sending mining.authorize… OK
Received mining.notify subscription… OK
Received authorization result… OK
Received mining.set_target… Pool difficulty too low (provided=30.11764706, minimum=127)
Waiting for pool to send higher difficulty.
Received mining.notify work… OK
Error: Read timed out
Your pool is shown as incompatible therefore we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today’s miners), please send them link to our FAQ on this topic: NiceHash - Leading Cryptocurrency Platform for Mining and Trading. Thank you!

C:\Users\cdolars\Documents\nheqminer_0.3a_flypool>nheqminer -l zec.pool.minergate.com:3357 -u cdolars@gmail.com
How do find the organizer

Hi. All new here ‘lots of reading’ Just built a rig Asrock H81 pro 6 pcie motherboard
with AMD sapphire nitro rx 470
Its running ok with 4 but as soon as I put the 5th gpu in it keeps crashing I’ve done
a little investigating and found running on 4 the Commit mem. is running about 90%
and when the 5th one is live it only shows 4 and commit mem. is bouncing 90 to 100%
before crashing? any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

I am late to respond but as now one else did … What Miner are you using? Is it the latest version ie Claymore 12.4 now. Are your did you modify your .rom or just stock? I am trying to measure if it worth the risk/effort to modify Sapphire Nitro rx 470 4g.

Let me know!

Hi. Abcedarian. Thanks for the reply still running on 4 gpu even after changing the rom to run the commit
running at 75% with the 4, after trying with 5 gpus it runs for about 10 mins you hear a slight tick then the comp. restarts again it consistently ( 4/5 attempts ) so I’m thinking more motherboard problem then anything.
with my other rig dreaminer that’s 10 cards on zec happy with that for now :wink: thanks again
Derek