A sentence telling me not to use a Z address on Pool Zcash ?

On the swimming pool flypool. org which is for mining on Zcash is written in white on a blue frame at the top of the page:
Because of performance issues with the Zcash client we are unable to send payout transactions to z addresses! Therefore DO NOT use z addresses to mine on the pool.

How can I then mine on my Zcash address, in a pool for Zcash, if you can’t put its Zcash address?

There is a problem of understanding, which I could not find on your faq.
Right now I’m mine on my Zcash address, on this pool flypool. org. I hope I’m just doing it.

Looking forward to receiving your answers, I wish you a happy holiday season.

I would recommend you do some research before mining. You need to understand the fundamentals of mining before you dive in.

I recommend you start here: Frequently Asked Questions - Zcash

When you’re done there, you can continue here: The Basics | Zcash

When you’re done there, you can continue here: Common Questions and Answers

Once you have a basic understanding of what zcash is and how it works, you’ll be better equipped to tackle mining! Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

like @nekkidtruth said read before questioning…
Free tip: there are z-addresses and NORMAL addresses :wink:
Good luck with mining, happy days.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your response.
I had already read all the FAQs and some of the pages you suggested I read.
I’ve read the integers, but I can’t find my answer. I don’t know if I’m wrong, but something I don’t understand.
I have the Zcash/ZEC portfolio generated in my JAXX application. I’ve mi that public key I have on the mine. When it says not to include Z I absolutely never understand. What are you talking about Z? That he shouldn’t have a Z letter in the public address?

Before I was mined on nicehash, after I mined ETH and so for that I found on the pool zcash. flypool. Because the site it is linked in the same site under menu as for ethermine. org

So with my Zcash/ZEC public address of the JAXX wallet is it fair?

Right now I’m turning for a GTX 1080 Ti card at about 720 sol/s.

Thanks for the welcome. It’s nice to meet you. And while we await your answer, I wish you a happy holiday season.

(Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator)

While I don’t doubt you read some of the stuff I linked, you didn’t read it all. It very clearly explains the difference between a z (shielded) address and a t (transparent) address. In fact, it’s literally the 3rd question answered in the FAQ. The answer to that question in the FAQ also leads you to a very detailed explanation about how each works.

@dubignyp

1. open JAXX
  2. select Zcash wallet in the top section
  3. Under “Your Current Zcash Address:” you will find the wallet address you need
  4. klik on the symbol next to this address, now you have copied it
  5. insert (ctrl + V on Win or cmd + V on mac) into the section were you need it
  6. SAVE this
  7. you’re now ready to mine
  8. happy mining

Yes, I have now better understood the difference between the Z address and the T address at the beginning.
I had not understood in the sense of the address Z, since I never saw anything other than T. And, it had confused me at the instruction.

So, for me it’s okay I did right. My address is a T at the beginning and it is not as long the number of letters on the key as it is on the Z address.

Thank you again.

(Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator)

In theory, you shouldn’t be affected if you use a transparent address. I happen to have Jaxx installed here and it provided me with a ZCash transparent address I’m now using. Let’s see what happens but everything points out at still being able to mine as usual.

Just in case it doesn’t work, consider switching pools.

It’s an old forum post, JAXX works for that. How do we close the station and say it’s solved ?